upgraded carson c5

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kentrich10

here are a few pictures for my carson c5
i still have a few upgrades to do yet like hydro brakes but it is 90% alloy
so many parts have been changed i should now call it a FG!!!

004.jpg

003.jpg

002.jpg

001.jpg

I to am upgrading a smartec (same as c5) what chassis is that you have on your car, and did you have to re-drill any holes to make everything fit? :eek:. thank you for any help or info you can provide.

004.jpg

003.jpg

002.jpg

001.jpg[/QUOTE]

hi
the chassis is a fg evo 7 i had to change the radio plate, fuel tank and engine mounts to change the angle of the engine apart from that everything fitted no extra drilling of holes was needed

BTW, and sorry to bother you, but can you provide the part numbers for tank radio tray and engine mounts you used, don't want to get the wrong parts, my collection of them is growing. :eek:

BTW, and sorry to bother you, but can you provide the part numbers for tank radio tray and engine mounts you used, don't want to get the wrong parts, my collection of them is growing. :eek:

gald to help
tank 8384
radio plate 1013
engine mount y0654
you will need a spacer under the engine pull start side i used a 7398
also i forgot about the clutch housing 8344
if you want you also fit 1063/01 and a 1063/05
think thats it

:D

Does that radio plate come with the servo mounting holes already, I ask because hobbythek,s foto is'nt too clear, did you use a carson gear plate or FG, can you show a picture of clutch coupling area? It would be alot of help to me, Thanks again.

Thanks Bro, just want to be sure about everything so i can order the parts for the conversion and not leave anything out or buy something that i don't need. :D

i have added a few more parts to my carson
i think i can now say it is a fg :):):):)
parts fitted
hydros front and rear
alloy hubs front and rear and gear plate [car is now all alloy]
viscus diff
fg exhaust
swapped the cy for a zenoah
anti roll bars front and rear
016.jpg
004-1.jpg
001-1.jpg
007.jpg
006.jpg
014.jpg
002-1.jpg
013.jpg

Great job Ken!, I'm waiting for my final parts to finish my conversion, all except hydros(using cables), it also will be an fg, from the ground up, thanks for your help in identifying the parts for me, my car is comming along beautifuly, thanks Bro!

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks