Used KMT-1000 Need Advice

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nolimit

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg Ok bout to buy this from a guy but new to KM i have a redcat dunerunner an love 1/5 scale so jumping on KM almost bought a T1000 before my redcat but back to the subject.

Ok this isnt stock has some upgrades biggest i see is cr209f engine an looks like a ddm exhaust now this guy doesn't seem to no much about this car cause a buddy of his built an he moved out of the country. So im trying to find out is can any of you KM Pros tell what version this is an how much has been upgraded or is this just a knock off with t1000 body an advice i greatly appreciate guys here is the pic also of its a legit by telling from the pic what upgraded should be done to it
An anyway to tell if its 2 speed tranny

Front bumper is broken loose from the skid plate but that's a cheap fix. If the engine is good it should be worth 400. And like Atom said, scrap that air filter. I have the CR290F and it's a strong engine.

Yea i got it but now cant get it working ran for 3 min now wont start so pissed right now. Acutally rip the skin off my fingers pulling the damn pull start. So what stock hpi air filter if i can get it running.

Pretty much any dual stage foam filter will work fine. Just oil it well and use a prefilter
Ok got it running an this thing is a best fast as hell now im use to 4wd this is 2wd an handling sucks with this engine is there any way to improve it or am i just spoiled from my 4wd dunerunner. How hard is it to covert this to 4wd or is there other options for steering

Big difference between 4wd and 2wd lol. I'm afraid the handling won't get much better. You just have to change your driving style a little. You will get used to it. As far as steering, there are a lot of options. Anything over 400oz/in will do. Your budget will determine the brand you go with.

Big difference between 4wd and 2wd lol. I'm afraid the handling won't get much better. You just have to change your driving style a little. You will get used to it. As far as steering, there are a lot of options. Anything over 400oz/in will do. Your budget will determine the brand you go with.
This thing flips to easily broke a shock top today trying to get use to it

What size 2 or 3 inches don't think 1 will help any an should i do same size on front an rear
I would go with 2 inch myself. And same front and rear on a truck. 3 inch rear and 2 inch front looks ok on a buggy but I think it makes a truck look funny. Just my opinion though. And judging from the pics of your truck I would bet you broke a rear shock. Idk why your front have alloy ends and your rears have plastic. I would go with alloy on both

I would go with 2 inch myself. And same front and rear on a truck. 3 inch rear and 2 inch front looks ok on a buggy but I think it makes a truck look funny. Just my opinion though. And judging from the pics of your truck I would bet you broke a rear shock. Idk why your front have alloy ends and your rears have plastic. I would go with alloy on both
How bout these
http://www.kingmotorrc.com/wheels-tires/baja-aluminum-2-4-wheel-extenders-orange/
Yea still trying to figure that out to why rear were plastic

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks