Using a Glow Plane starter to Start baja Engine

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dinuka94

Hey,

I have been trying to find a easier way to start my Hpi Baja 30.5CC engine other than a Pull starter because I have had a small issue with my right hand and I find it painful to start the baja when it sometimes flood the engine.. So I saw this very easy way to start a baja from youtube!

maxresdefault.jpg

Video-

Parts I can get-
14017908290.jpg

14013432824_1.jpg

the thing is I don't own a starter as the good man on the video uses but I can buy the Alu cone and the Plastic piece and i can use my electric drill as the starter that is not an issue but the problem is i have no knowledge about the Prop adopter that he has used to fit onto the flywheel I can not tell the size by just looking at the pic and couldn't figure it out from the Cone as well.... Can any of you guys please point me to a ebay link or anything that I can get the details for that prop adopter that is used on the FW

Thanks a lot!

Keep in mind though that you will need to figure a way to protect the opening from sucking in rocks and breaking off the cooling fins. Maybe screen with just enough room to get the start in or make a extended adapter to come outside and make a screen just fit. Either way you need to protect stuff from getting into the cooling fins of the engine.

Something like this may work better for you:
http://www.davesmotors.com/chung-ju-ez-starter-plate-gp460-starter.html

If this easy starter setup works as good as the Zenoah one we use on boats? You should have no issues using it to start the engine.

Yes I'll be modifying the Pull starter with a hole drilled in the middle and cover the cover with a out ware after starting

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks