V4 gear carrier

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well, bit the bullet and bought one of these carriers. Will post up pics when i get it to fit if anyone is interested :)

Last edited:
well, bit the bullet and bought one of these carriers. Will post up pics when i get it to fit if anyone is interested :)

that would be interesting if it fits:w00t:

you could have used an evo3 alloy carrier but would need the evo3 clutch bell

i only have 2 evo3 ultimates and an earler mcd m/t :D

K....

Would have stuck with the mcd one have heard of many problems with aftermarket carriers like the vertigo,the gears don't mesh properly and then have bearing issues,but good luck.

Would have stuck with the mcd one have heard of many problems with aftermarket carriers like the vertigo,the gears don't mesh properly and then have bearing issues,but good luck.

+1 on that whit

KCR and vertigo where not good the only good aftermarket carrier

was the F-zonen type,that seemed even smoother than MCD's own:D

K....

that would be interesting if it fits:w00t:

you could have used an evo3 alloy carrier but would need the evo3 clutch bell

i only have 2 evo3 ultimates and an earler mcd m/t :D

K....

only have 2 evo3 ultimates lol

when wagon smashed the front of his and broke a alloy upper wishbone he got told by rossendale models that there was only about 10 evo3 ultimates sold in the uk and youve got 2 ya jammy bugger shame they wont ever see dirt or dust mate:lol::lol:

only have 2 evo3 ultimates lol

when wagon smashed the front of his and broke a alloy upper wishbone he got told by rossendale models that there was only about 10 evo3 ultimates sold in the uk and youve got 2 ya jammy bugger shame they wont ever see dirt or dust mate:lol::lol:

i offered to sell wagon a pair of arms as i was keeping one ultimate for spare

bits :D the last one i got was owned by Oliver who has Modelismo in germany

he used it for one weekend to race....but i think saw$$$$$$ to keep it

running:w00t: he had put alloy bottom diff cases on so pretty bullet proof

with the limited slip diffs.......engine is a new stevo evo but not sure which:eek:

as well as a V4 shell for it to run as a race runner,i can change the set up

by putting the spare long ultimate rear shock towers and shocks on the front

to use it as a baja1000 as i have 2 new baja1000 shells........one painted by

ross mods the other from Craftwerks the actual body is shown on there

paintshop pictures

K....

thats where he got a pair in the end mate was modelismo he did get some kcr ones but they just didnt look the same so he sold them on yours sound a nice build how come theres no thread with pics on here mate i think you should dust it off and get the camera out

tongham i ran the alloy gear carrier past the guys on the mcd forum

waiting for replies,but to get it running on an MCD cant see how:(

K....

thats where he got a pair in the end mate was modelismo he did get some kcr ones but they just didnt look the same so he sold them on yours sound a nice build how come theres no thread with pics on here mate i think you should dust it off and get the camera out

no time at the moment Barry,new kitchen and new bathroom:lol::lol:

just got a super fast electric speedboat running on 14.8volt lipo's

i have a few cars all in bits:w00t:waiting to be finished:rolleyes:

remember i ain't well:(:(

K....

This will fit the pre v4/x4 MCD's for sure, and will fit the v4/x4 if you use the EVO clutchbell with it or machine the v4 bell to fit into a smaller inner bearing.

I have seen one running in a V4 so know it works.

I also know the vertigo one fits the pre x4/v4 as my mate runs one and it is superb. I am getting one for mine soon, $99 is a steal.

The MCD forum is a 'tad'bias to say the least. Unless it is made by MCD or sold by RC Modellismo it
will be dismissed as tat.

just read posts from MCD forum members !!can't see Lauterbacher using crap alloy for a start!!
Looked at all the parts to compare and it looks pretty simple
need to remove 4mm from the 17mm section on the clutch bell
on the Lauterbacher carrier,the 22mm hole for the clutch bell needs to be opened out to 24mm to a depth of approx 12mm then a 15x24x6 bearing can be used (stock bearing on the outside
center shaft inner bearing needs to be spaced out about 2mm
still need to check all hole centres, if these match, will post up pics of progress..happy days:)

just read posts from MCD forum members !!can't see Lauterbacher using crap alloy for a start!!
Looked at all the parts to compare and it looks pretty simple
need to remove 4mm from the 17mm section on the clutch bell
on the Lauterbacher carrier,the 22mm hole for the clutch bell needs to be opened out to 24mm to a depth of approx 12mm then a 15x24x6 bearing can be used (stock bearing on the outside
center shaft inner bearing needs to be spaced out about 2mm
still need to check all hole centres, if these match, will post up pics of progress..happy days:)

nice one:)i hope it works for you

K....

all the holes seem to line up perfectly. Engine needed to be raised by approx 2.5mm. Mesh did seem tight (no tighter than when it was new with the plastic carrier) but after half an hour of running did loosen.....slightly
mcdgearcarrier002.jpg
bearing in place and clutch bell with 3mm removed from shaft support
centre bearing 2.5mm proud...not worried too much as its a 6mm bearing
went with a 15/16th drill bit for a tight bearing fit
mcdgearcarrier004.jpg
mcdgearcarrier003.jpg

Last edited:
Hi I have looked getting one of these but made my own in the end! Is there any chance of a photo straight on at the gears so we can see the mesh? I may try one for me X4!

Whittron, I see that you are spamming the board with negative comments about Vertigo so I have decided to respond to all your posts with the truth.

FYI, it has been said by many who purchased the Vertigo MCD carrier that it was the only aftermarket carrier on the market which meshed the gears correctly..

As I posted in another thread where you were speaking negative about our products, in the past when you complained about our products like you are now we have asked you to contact us about the issue, to date we have never been contacted.

I think it's in bad taste to discredit customers, I however think that protecting the Vertigo name from slanderous comments trumps being concerned about a particular customers credibility.

Cheers,

Clayton

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks