Vekta Clone?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Area Rc has a clone of the Vekta and it is am exact clone and even has billet aluminum servo mounts.I think they are selling them for 800 and change so not really worth it but it may be good for someone who really likes the platform and wants to save a few hundred?

1603555995677.png

1603556046142.png

Yeah it looks like a perfect copy so it should only have the same minor issues we are having with ours.The only plus side I see to having that on the market is if some of the parts that don't have any aftermarket upgrades are cheaper to buy from Area Rc instead of Kraken and the difference in price needs to be significant to take that chance.The body for one and rear telescoping driveshaft are two parts that would be nice to get for pennies on the dollar.The clone also has a different wheel pattern compared to what is out there now and some of the parts on the truck are made by 30North like the wheels and beadlocks.

I never saw that I don't even know how I found it to begin with.

Ok let's go in another direction here.They the copies use lower quality materials in order to sell them for less while still making a profit.I am wondering if the clone profit margin is more or less than the real one.I am guessing the tooling is the same so there is no need to invest in that and the cost of materials should be pretty close.I am also guessing the same manufacturing company is making both so the clone should have a huge profit margin?

Well for most people I would guess they wouldn't be able to tell the difference.It's insane how now the clones are even copying less common platforms.I may be looking at the Vekta wrong but it doesn't seem like a widely used/bought platform to me and the aftermarket upgrades are very limited in comparison to a Baja 5ive platform.

Well for most people I would guess they wouldn't be able to tell the difference.It's insane how now the clones are even copying less common platforms.I may be looking at the Vekta wrong but it doesn't seem like a widely used/bought platform to me and the aftermarket upgrades are very limited in comparison to a Baja 5ive platform.
and aftermarket parts r sillly $£€£$ imo?

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks