Venom racing oil or 2 stroke????

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

throupy69

Hi there I have an fg baja which I have always run on standard petrol with venom racing oil. When I went into a rc shop for some parts a guy there started talking to me about my baja, he then asked what I was running it on so I told him, he then said that the venom racing oil can frick the engine and to run it on just 2 stroke oil as they run much better on this????

Does anyone know if this is the case or if this guy was just talking shash???
Would appreciate your answers on this.

Are you talking about King cobra Venom oil? if so then it's a good 2 stroke made by rock oil who do a lot of moto x stuff. It's not what I consider to be the best stuff castrol 747, but then people choose for them self.

p.s any oil will feck you engine if you use it wrong.

Yeah sorry the king cobra venom oil. ah right cool. So if wanted you can run them on a better 2 stroke oil such as castrol?? Cheers

I use the king cobra racing venom in the gold bottle (castor oil) and have had no problems at all. My 2 mates both use it in their marders too & again no issues. Its readily available cos its the closest shop to us that sells 2 stroke oil :w00t:

Setting up & oiling your air filter properly is more critical than using castrol, halfords own brand or any other 2 stroke oil :scared:

i wouldnt suddenly change the fuel mixture from fully synthetic to non synthetic, makes a nice mess! my poor poor strim is still a pain lol

Hi there I have an fg baja which I have always run on standard petrol with venom racing oil. When I went into a rc shop for some parts a guy there started talking to me about my baja, he then asked what I was running it on so I told him, he then said that the venom racing oil can frick the engine and to run it on just 2 stroke oil as they run much better on this????

Does anyone know if this is the case or if this guy was just talking shash???
Would appreciate your answers on this.

Just run a quality 2 stroke oil like the Venom racing you are using (Venom racing is 2 stroke oil). Don't mix castor with semi or fully synthetic as it will cause you problems, make sure it is mixed correctly with your fuel....the bloke sounds like he's talking shash (as you put it).

Rock Oil is one of my customers and they produce very good quality products, the key word in choosing your oil is 'racing' it basically denotes that the oil has been designed for engines with higher loads, stress' etc. Don't confuse this with oils that ae designed for more mundane uses like strimmers, chainsaws etc. they run at much lower revs etc.

As Dwarfy and Mike have said make sure your filter is oiled and cleaned at regualr intervals.

Last edited:
Thanks sperera, noticed you said to make sure the mixture is correct 25:1, on the racing oil it states to use 150ml to 5 litres of fuel, 33:1. Have I had too much oil in my mixture? Thanks to everyone for the replies, everything is taken on board. Thanks guys.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks