Vent Mod for Gas Tank.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Timmahh

Bajastafarian Madnes
PLUS member
as many of you guys know, our gas tanks have a vent in the gas cap. it sometimes works, and often can plug up and cause us all sorts of running/tuning issues.

So i decided it was time to do the mod. I wasnt giddy of the other options available, as they all have issues. most allow points for air to get into the fuel lines, and very few address the tank and vent. So i did the simple solution.

total cost was approximately 6.00 per baja. 2.29 for each barb, 2.29 for each clunk (would of prefered a inline stone filter, so may hit the autoparts stores for some) and .89 cents for a foot of fuel tubing.

simple enough to understand, so lets get on with it.
new mod done today
DSCN6573.jpg
DSCN6574.jpg

1/8th TFE pipe thread to 1/8th hose barb for the tank, 8 inches of fuel line, and a lawnmower clunk/filter for the vent end.
got one to do the Hooters Baja too.

this will eliminate any tank vac issues. I also re installed my LetalRC Skull gas cap and superglued the vent hole in it closed.

DSCN6575.jpg
this ones already installed as well. just didnt want HB feeling left out as the MGPM has been a camera whore as of late. lol

Last edited:
Thats pretty sweat. In a roll over my vented CNR cap leaks out the tube too. Just never going to change that. Much better then over pressurizing. Nice MOD.

i may get a check valve and install it. but leakage should be minimal on a roll over. mostly due to the vent line beign filled with gas when its upside down, then no air can get in to allow the gas to leak out when the pressure equalizes.

will check for a while without a check valve and see how it goes.

here the finished unit on the Hooters Baja.
DSCN6576.jpg
DSCN6578.jpg

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks