Volt watch..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trip

I just picked up a cheap (fake) voltwatch, are they supposed to shoot into the red when you use both servos? Because mine does..

Trip..
Turn up your volume, because my camera is quiet.
th_NewCamera138.gif

I have a Voltwatch3 and it does the same thing if the power for the servos goes through the receiver. I wire the servo power directly off the battery so the servos draw their current direct.

Stalling a servo with the brakes pulls a lot of current.

OK, I just have the servos running through the rec and the Voltage meter is plugged into the 3rd channel. I just wanted to make sure it was working properly. So I take it, when the LED's are in the red all the time, the batt must be running low?

OK, I just have the servos running through the rec and the Voltage meter is plugged into the 3rd channel. I just wanted to make sure it was working properly. So I take it, when the LED's are in the red all the time, the batt must be running low?

Yep, if the lights are in the red it's time for a recharge. Like Ducky said, stalled servos pull a lot of current and it can be a combination of the servos, rx and battery that leads to this large voltage drop. What batts are you using? As long as the lights go to green when everything is neutral I think you should be fine.

Hmm, maybe if the batt is a bit old...but do you have a servo y-splitter so the servos can source current directly from the battery to see if it is a rx issue. Especially for the large scale servos, it's a good idea to have them plugged directly in.

Battery has been around for a bit, it's a converted Gonzo pack from 1993 :lol: (1900mah Sanyo scr cells) The servos are wired directly to the receiver w/o a Y connector.

Y lead photo

BTB You have a PM

Sorry about that! I got your second and thought you got what you needed.:blush:

Here is another:

attachment.php

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks