walbro 1048 carb

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hi gents, sorry for my late reply. i based my question on the fact that the rc car and marine motors are designe on the same principals. air cooled and water cooled are the only differences.
the marine zenoah are a aircooled top end, that the cooling fins heve been cut off to add the cooling jacket for marine use. both or most use tune pipes for the performance, cars and boats. the function of the primer bulb is to pull the fuel into the carb, one the primer bulb is filled you really don't need to prime it again as the fuel is already in the carb. in the boats we use soft fuel tanks( 1lt ivy bag) that don't required a primer bulb carbs. we also don't use chokes on the carbs, as the 2nd butterfly for the choke cuase a huge airflow restriction. the walbro 1048 have 13,5 venturi vs 12,7 for most of the other carbs on the market. this carb tune very easy and the performance from a slow mill to wot is insane, if your rig is set up correct. currently i use a walbro 257 on my baja( chokeless/primeless) and it outperform the walbro 668. and cost is only $38 and i use this for choke.

Attachments

• AF315_media-1.jpg
    AF315_media-1.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 2
No reason you can't use it, just like there's really no need for a primer or a choke. Just features that come standard to facilitate easier starting. The 668 carb normally hits the can as soon as the new 990 or 1107 shows up. (1107 also having a 13.5mm venturi) so really there's no benefit, unless you have one already. There's a few guys that prefer carbs that came on other engines not related to rc. Just a personal preference.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks