Walbro 1052 question...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chillin4life187

I just bought a new CY29cc for my second baja because I got a smokin deal on it. It does not come with a carb tho. So while I was looking over the selection on DDM website I happen to come across the Walbro 1052. Not much is written about it online. Looks like any other butterfly carb with choke. Does anyone have any experience with this carb? Is it a good choice for a new CY29cc 4bolt? For only $39.99 its very tempting.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190519-041310.jpg
    Screenshot_20190519-041310.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 6
I was kinda hoping to save a couple bucks since its way less then an 1107 but I deff understand all your points. Not a big fan of the 990 since it doesn't have a choke. The temp and alttitide in AZ can vary greatly so Ive always had a choke and made use of it. I know in theory you don't need one but it nakes things less of a pain in the butt Would be hard getting help because their isnt a lot of info on the 1052. You never know tho. Might be an excellent carb and we are all just worried about taking the chance with it.

I was kinda hoping to save a couple bucks since its way less then an 1107 but I deff understand all your points. Not a big fan of the 990 since it doesn't have a choke. The temp and alttitide in AZ can vary greatly so Ive always had a choke and made use of it. I know in theory you don't need one but it nakes things less of a pain in the butt Would be hard getting help because their isnt a lot of info on the 1052. You never know tho. Might be an excellent carb and we are all just worried about taking the chance with it.
813 is $10 more than 1052 but sounds like you got this???

Hey man if you want to give it a go, have at it! Like u said, it could be excellent.

But I beg the question, if its good why are we not using it? And why is it so cheap at DDM ?..........coz they sell them by the bucket full??
But rhis is just me rambling on...............
Maybe because people like to go the safe route, already knows the 990,1107 is good so why potentially waste money on something they might not be happy with, that's why. I like to think im a guy who is relatively adventures so I get why he would wanna try it.

Well to the person that asked why its so cheap. I believe its a new model. Could be why we haven't heard of it, or haven't used it yet. I routinely (at least once a week) look thru the ddm website and can honestly say Ive never seen iit before so it must be new. Well gentlemen, F*ck it. Im gonna buy one and give it a go. Ill post some pics and a short review whenever I get a chance this coming weekend so keep your eyes open for it. I have a OBR zenoah 34cc full mod( non reed) engine and a new CY29cc 4bolt in my other baja. So pretty good testing base I think. Let you guys know.

Well to the person that asked why its so cheap. I believe its a new model. Could be why we haven't heard of it, or haven't used it yet. I routinely (at least once a week) look thru the ddm website and can honestly say Ive never seen iit before so it must be new. Well gentlemen, F*ck it. Im gonna buy one and give it a go. Ill post some pics and a short review whenever I get a chance this coming weekend so keep your eyes open for it. I have a OBR zenoah 34cc full mod( non reed) engine and a new CY29cc 4bolt in my other baja. So pretty good testing base I think. Let you guys know.
Looking forward to seeing how this carb is ??

Before you buy it at DDM email the guys at DDM with all your questions about the 1052 . Ask them what they recommend for a 29cc.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks