Walbro 668 on a Rovan 26 ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joe V

will it fit, and will a ADA intake work with this set up? I just got rid of a good running HPI 5B and bought a new Rovan 5T to build and the carb sucks, gotta a bad low end bog.
Thanks Joe

will it fit, and will a ADA intake work with this set up? I just got rid of a good running HPI 5B and bought a new Rovan 5T to build and the carb sucks, gotta a bad low end bog.
Thanks Joe

Wow iv hear of people getting rid of a rovan or km for a hpi but not the othe way round......yes 668 walbro and ada intake will work fine

Troy

I wanted to build a bad ass 5T and didn't want to start with a $1200 HPI to take apart and replace with all aftermarket parts so I got a $650 Rovan, when I'm done I will have a full mod custom 5T and a Rovan 5T built back with take off parts, I know I should have just done the build from the ground up but this way I can drive it while I rebuild it...
Thanks for the reply

Yes many on the clone and HY engines end up having to replace the carb. Some work OK and others are nothing but trouble. Yes the 668 and ADA intake will work.

Well I put the Walbro 668 and ADA intake on today and still got my bog, retuned and still low end bog, great high end. I have those 20 lb aluminum wheels that might be hurting the bottom end too, I guess I will be looking for a really good clutch, it has 8000 springs but it's still a Rovan engine, What is a good plug for it. I changed the Torch for a NGK, what doe the gap need to be?
I guess I will check the coil gap, should have done that when I replace the coil wire!!!
Any ideals let me know, and I already have a Hpi 5B on the way, wish I had kept my other one.
Also on the bench with the wheels off the ground the low end is good, so that's why I was think clutch and too heavy of a wheel

I just got a set of Proline Split Six wheels and PL Trencher tires, not much difference in weight between the 2

I just got a set of Proline Split Six wheels and PL Trencher tires, not much difference in weight between the 2

weight of the wheels and tyres have nothing to do with it bogging down

Try to tune if that don't work try looking for airleaks, make sure the breather on the tank aint blocked, check the fuel lines, try a different pipe if you have to, theres many things that can be Checked

Troy

Got me a Oneill Brothers 28.5 race ported engine and put a Walbro 990 on it with a Dominator V2 pipe and a 16T pinion and a 8K clutch, no problems now

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks