Want Some New Shocks

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rick C

im looking for some good shocks for my fg baja 4x4, the standard ones are stiff to move so i bought some cheepies from ebay but you get what you pay for so im looking for some new ones

any ideas/links?

cheers

The standard 1s should work ok. I have them on my marder & cant fault them for bashing. Maybe they have been over filled. Try changing the oil & fill to correct levels before dismissing them completely ;)

The standard 1s should work ok. I have them on my marder & cant fault them for bashing. Maybe they have been over filled. Try changing the oil & fill to correct levels before dismissing them completely ;)

they are brand new, what oil would you reccomend?

they are brand new, what oil would you reccomend?

Im about to change the oil on mine as ive not done it since I bought my marder last Feb & it was 2nd hand then (although like brand new :cool2:). I will be asking the lads at Rossendale Models for advice on that cos they race 5th so know pretty much all there is to know. Probably best to give them a ring as it depends on what ground you run on, do you do a lot of jumps etc.

yeah id go with the fg alloy ones im running a set of the fg alloy fat shocks 20mm dia with the alloy upgrade pistons 2000 wt oil all round standard springs and that works good for me i don't realy jump it but do bash hard been ok so far i had a set of the ebay cheapy shocks i wouldnt even bother they were leaking within a week utter crap shame they look nice

Mine came with way way too heavy oil in them, and the car would bound over bumps instead of glide. But it has taken me almost a year to get around to changing the oil.

I put some 600cst oil in last night (£3.50 for a big bottle from model shop), and it seems far better but I have not run it yet. If anything I think that the 600CST is a bit light, 800 or 1000 may be better. Whilst I was at it I put some shock sox on as well to keep the crud out.

(I can't remember how to convert CST into weight)

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks