Waqr`s Maverick/Redcat Monster

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So, today I have made some progress again. I finally installed the rubber sealed bearings in the gearplate and also mounted it to the car. Switched the original throttle servo agains a Savox 1256TG since the original doesn`t seems to last that long :)

The engine is also almost done. I installed the Phatdad V-stack and did the filter mod on the HPI Baja filter carrier to allow for some better airflow to the engine. I only waits for the aluminium engine brace from Python racing before I can install it.

Some pictures from today:

vhuya0.jpg
sop8n9.jpg
2wp3uv5.jpg
24zmb86.jpg
ka31i0.jpg
2n1yz5c.jpg
2jewvic.jpg
2zjdw9g.jpg
16ixys3.jpg
n4tsg1.jpg

Last edited:
Looking great! I unexpectedly picked up a modded MT as well (see my thread). There are a few mods you've done here that I'd like to do to mine. Planning on doing the axle boots today, and I'm going to get the metal drive gears coming.

Looking great! I unexpectedly picked up a modded MT as well (see my thread). There are a few mods you've done here that I'd like to do to mine. Planning on doing the axle boots today, and I'm going to get the metal drive gears coming.

Thanks :) The axle boot mod is great for getting a longer life of your bones and drivecups.

Today I installed my new engine mount that I got from Python Racing. It looks really nice and it fits perfectly. Great upgrade from the original rubber mount that came with the truck.

I also installed the shockpiston covers from HPI Baja and they too fitted nicely. They were a bit long but other then that they are great. I don`t like to run with the shockpistons exposed to all dirt. On top of that I installed my own made shock shocks. I have never had any good luck with the ones you can buy so from last year I always make my own. I have found a good fabric that is thick and also very elastic.

Today I also carved out som space for the charge cable and the Killer Bee cable in the radio box. I think I need all the space I can get in there.

Some pictures from the day!

jhvb7o.jpg
4ht1h.jpg
34y1buf.jpg
140vh1c.jpg
mrvfhu.jpg
2vs0x9h.gif
6ntcht.jpg
2637vya.jpg

The truck is looking great!!!!! Where did you get the material for the shock socks?

Thanks!

I bought the fabric at my local shop. Just ask for a strong elastic fabric and you will be fine. It is really a piece of cake to make your own shock socks :)

I managed to work a few more hours on the truck today. I think it is ready to be fired up very shortly :)

Today I installed all electronics and did some adjustments to the serovs. I did manage to fit all the cables including the Killerbee killswitch inside the radiobox (eventhough it was a tight fit)

I also tried my enclosed wheelnuts and I think I will use these intead of the original ones.

Some pictures:

11azb09.jpg

Killerbee and charging cable
24v163c.jpg
29b0h7n.jpg
1z1zic5.jpg
24onhmv.jpg
313pw1h.gif

Thanks guys :)

I haven`t had much time to work on this truck the latest weeks but today I managed to fit two stickers anyway :) The truck is more or less ready for the maiden drive so hopefully the temperature will get a bit better next week,

34o357c.jpg
k3nmyt.jpg

Today I drove my MT for the first time and all I can say is that I am very pleased with how it performed even with the original exahust. Installed den Dominator today aswell so this will be tested tomorrow :)

16tk3k.jpg
2hwl5xj.jpg
ih3801.jpg

Today I cut the body to fit the Dominator pipe. Also drove it for two tanks with this pipe and I think it performed pretty good. I just love to drive this truck :D

Some pictures:

v7cpxd.jpg
sz8yg8.jpg

Hopfuly i will own one next week.These mods are good cheap mods to do and from what ive read these trucks are pretty tuff and only need the simple mods youve done.When they get some more gearing for the belt drive that would just about do it.

I heard frame flexing is an issue how do you go about correcting that. I have seen some guys cut and bend some flat stock but I don't like the way that looks any thoughts.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks