Wear your welding gloves...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trip

I was welding up some junk for my buddy on new years eve for about an hour and I wasn't wearing my gloves. "I don't need no stinking gloves, I am a man!" Apparently I am a man with wimpy hands! :lol:

Well, because I know...
uselesswithoutpichers.jpg

...I will put some up, now remember this was almost a week ago. It looks much better today than it did a few days ago, I just thought about it while I was uploading to youtube, so I thought I would take some pics and post them.. It's my knuckle on my left index finger. Can't tell from the pics but it's still very red.
Mutilatorcarbswap057.jpg
Mutilatorcarbswap059.jpg
Mutilatorcarbswap061.jpg
Mutilatorcarbswap058.jpg

I didn't get burned from the heat, it is a wicked UV burn like a sunburn. If it would have been from the heat, I would've moved my hand away! :lol: Duh... I am right handed so I was steadying my right hand with my left hence the left index knuckle.

It still smells like burnt skin...

that ain't too bad for hour. last summer i was welding some steps for a stand i made and i was wearing a tank top ( ya i know dumb move) and after about 1/2 hour i ended up with what looked like a real bad sun burn wear i wasn't covered. i think a welding flash burn is worse then an actual sun burn.

We have portable transparent red walls the welders drag around with them from job to job, well at least they are Supposed to!

Or you could just wear a mask all the time and tell the boss you are not being productive today because you can't see anything! Remember, safety, ummm, third!

Last edited:
We have portable transparent red walls the welders drag around with them from job to job, well at least they are Supposed to!

Or you could just wear a mask all the time and tell the boss you are not being productive today because you can't see anything! Remember, safety, ummm, third!

We had old welding screens with holes in them too! Health & safety has tightened up in the last 10-15 years & employers cant get away with it now.

I had a friend in high school welding shop that thought he was better then a helmet. I think he just thought wearing shades for weeks was cool. :laugh:

How are his eyes now! I bet there shot!

I have a couple extra welding masks I wanted to donate but I don't know how to get them to the guys in 3rd world countries that just squint when welding...

I kinda feel bad for them...

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks