weed wacker motor

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KrackerG

i am sooo sure this has been asked before, but why are 23cc ~ 30cc motors so expensive ($250+), when you can get a great weed eater w/ a 26cc from home depot for under $100? they had a honda 35cc on sale for $279, anyone try one of those??

Home Depot motorized products don't tend to be very well made. I finally shelled out for better made goods. My Husqvarna string trimmer for example set me back $340, albeit it is a commercial model. Typically the plating on RC engines is a bit better, and the designs are modular, so that they can be easily mounted in many large scale vehicles, whereas the string trimmers are proprietary to the model.

There has been much discussion regarding 4 cycle engines such as the Honda. The overall size of the engine and the relatively ineffective powerband relegate them to forum discussion. 2 stroke is pretty much the norm here for engines.

A sample 4 stroke discussion from this forum;
https://www.largescaleforums.com/showthread.php?t=6790&highlight=stroke

I don't know if I'm allowed to link to others from non-sister boards.

Last edited:
why not use a lawnmower/garden tractor motor in a quad? seems like a rediculous comparison, however its really the same reason as rc vs garden equipment motors. garden equipment motors are designed for relatively low powerband and to make torque. longevity takes over for max power, and you generally don't need high rpm to trim weeds and cut trees. on the flip side, our engines, designed for rc/scooters are designed for high rpm operation, to produce good power and sacrificing a bit of longevity and reliability. and as already noted, our motors and cars are designed to work together, garden stuff is meant to work with itself.

im sure you can make a garden trimmer motor work, but its going to take more money to get it to bolt in, and you will have less power and speed. not worth it.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks