Westcoast Raceway Scotland

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whizzy

Westcoast Raceway is finally born

we have now secured land and land preparation will begin soon what we do need to finalize is a track layout so we can give this to build from,so we need ideas more to follow along with membership costs etc we are hopefully going to be fully ready to run on the 1st january and run membership from jan to december to tie in with brca membership .

a little bit of an update track is complete and will hold the first ever brca largescale offroad in scotland ever next year i will let the pictures do the talking

DSCF1829.jpg
DSCF1833.jpg
DSCF1828.jpg
DSCF1830.jpg
DSCF1387.jpg

rostrum is now up and can be used ...............
carclub-2.jpg
DSCF2052.jpg
DSCF2047.jpg
DSCF2046.jpg
DSCF2065.jpg
view from the top of the rostrum ....

DSCF2048.jpg
DSCF2049.jpg
DSCF2052.jpg
DSCF2063.jpg
looking good Andy .....

DSCF2053.jpg
DSCF2054.jpg
DSCF2070.jpg

we then fitted a green carpet.....
DSCF2067.jpg
DSCF2066.jpg

we will be down sunday at 12 if you fancy a wee blast come on down ...........

that's looking really good mate, i wish you all the best of success for the club!! i hope all your hard work will pay off. our club went down the swanny a bit....on the hunt for some land again :rolleyes:

that's looking really good mate, i wish you all the best of success for the club!! i hope all your hard work will pay off. our club went down the swanny a bit....on the hunt for some land again :rolleyes:

why what happend ????

we are finding it hard to get new members to keep the club running

Do you have any 10th electric indoor clubs near by? maybe you could invite them over for a race meeting one weekend.

Another alternative is to contact the 1/8th rally cross clubs and see if they want to set up a mini series using your club & track.

why what happend ????

we are finding it hard to get new members to keep the club running

Yeah that was our situation also, a case of "bums on seats"... It started really well, we had over 35 emailing members who had largescale and every 2 weeks when we'd meet up around 20+ members would turn up for racing. Most of us had rallyX buggies too so we'd also set up another formula. We asked another local rallyX club (who were struggling with land and other various problems) to join in with us but they didn't want to share the same track with 1/5 offroad.. We even had more land to one side which they could've made another track on but they ventured somewhere else.. Once the winter was arriving we organised a winter series cup but numbers fell drastically, not enough to pay the rent and so on.. Basically my mate and I drew the line as we'd put in so much of our own money, and looking at just the 4 maybe 5 (including us two) racers who'd turn up, it was curtains :-( The annoying thing is there's the demand there too for a largescale offroad track in my area.. Two of us had put in alot of time n effort for it, and when I see your pictures it reminds me of just how hard you guys have worked, as mike says above, broaden your scope a bit and ask other forms of offroad cars to attend, and I hope things really do pick up for u!

hi mike along with the largescale national this year we have a meet for sorc which is the scottish offroad rc racing championship for 1/10th offroad and another possible event at the end of june
some of the 1/10th boys turned up at our track on the open day and the feedback we got was that our track was perfect for them and they were really impressed with it we have also included 1/8th and 1/10th in our club championship this year

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks