Wfo rc gears

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kenyon

New to this forum, just wanted to put out a warning. I purchased a set of 1.5 mod gears for my xmaxx took two plus weeks to arrive. And after installing they lasted 10 minutes maybe less. Wfo rc is the brand, and honestly this is the worst experience I have ever had with any business.
Way over priced not even heat tempered and the worst customer service I've ever encountered.

Tried to find a place to leave a poor review but somehow it seems they are being protected from this.

I found one thing stating the business was desolved? Almost a year ago, so looking like selling off remaining product. Guess bank owns it.

I personally have over 30 years of rc experience and was a professional car technician for almost 25 years. So it was no mistake of mine for failure. Never seen any rc gears ever do this.

Guess I should have looked into business more but as stated no review information is available.

Don't get screwed like me, stay away from wfo rc.

I had a bad experience with them too. Product was good but communication non existent. They don’t have a contact number anywhere. Useless bunch of people.

Pics of the gears? I’d be curious to see.
Here are the pics Clubin. Certainly not rugged. Never done this to my 5t or my mcd rrv4. Went with some gds mod 1 hardened gears see how the go👍

20220416_160424.jpg20220416_160428.jpg20220416_160438.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
What ratio was that and what motor? I’ve never seen a wfo gear do that! I’ve got a couple x-maxx running 25/30 and 30/30. One with 800 and one with a 1100.

That must be gearing for a stock motor?
15 pinion 30 spur with stock motor and esc. Stock gears didn't fail but with the new duratrax six pacx tires the stock pinion kept getting flung off. The gds pinion has a much bigger set screw fingers crossed it will hold.

I have a couple sets of B&M that I haven’t had issues with.
Vitavon on eBay makes a set too. Comes with a different input shaft I have one in one of my x-maxx.
What mod 1.5 gears would you recommend for a HW5687 1100Kv and a Max 5 for all around bashing? Something maybe a little conservative to not have overheating issues?

New to this forum, just wanted to put out a warning. I purchased a set of 1.5 mod gears for my xmaxx took two plus weeks to arrive. And after installing they lasted 10 minutes maybe less. Wfo rc is the brand, and honestly this is the worst experience I have ever had with any business.
Way over priced not even heat tempered and the worst customer service I've ever encountered.

Tried to find a place to leave a poor review but somehow it seems they are being protected from this.

I found one thing stating the business was desolved? Almost a year ago, so looking like selling off remaining product. Guess bank owns it.

I personally have over 30 years of rc experience and was a professional car technician for almost 25 years. So it was no mistake of mine for failure. Never seen any rc gears ever do this.

Guess I should have looked into business more but as stated no review information is available.

Don't get screwed like me, stay away from wfo rc.
Made a order with WFO Beginning of December 2022, have not heard anything back or received anything even though says that new shipment arrive like two weeks ago with a whole bunch of new Gears and other stuff….. it’s 1/22/23 guess I’ll just cross my fingers….

there a company on facebook called pr racing that are making 1.5mod gears and they look quality product and engineering check out there page there based in europe but offer worldwide shipping bit pricey tho but personally id go with vitamin set up . well that's what ill be running on my xrt and xmaxx

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks