What!!!! 2hp from an exhaust??? Nice!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hyper 78

HIGH GUYS, WAS JUST CHECKING OUT SOME RC STUFF ON YOU TUBE AND CAME ACROSS THIS VID, CHECK IT OUT.

Last edited by a moderator:
yes, i know what you mean, if the engine produces 3.5hp with a standard pipe then is another 2hp around 60% increase! That sounds crazy,but i suppose the dyno readout is there!I wonder if anything else had been changed, even the oil to fuel ratio or something.I thought i was optimistic, thinking that my unsilenced jetpro would give me another 1hp! I wish someone would get a standard engine and dyno the top exhausts out there,that would be great.Ive only ever owned one performance exhaust(jetpro) but my mate had a samba then got a dominator,but i think the jp holds its own against them 2 pipes anyway, with the jp,i love how the power comes on strong near the top of the revs!

Last edited by a moderator:
This was posted up in the Rampage section too.
I think someone also said that the motor did not blow, as some thought, it was under strain as they pushed down on the model.

A good pipe dephends on what kind of porting the engine have.
One pipe can deliver nothing at all in bottom and good on top and so...
And its a big different how the porting is done from england and scandinavian.(just an exemple).
The way we port engines here in norway is to get power all the way from zero to top, so for example the VRC Pro Pipe is made for engine like this.
The Propipe is made to rise the power all over the rpmband, but this pipe is the only pipe made just for ported/tuned engines(powerful/Ported engines).
So remember that most of trimpipes out there is to get more power on stock engines, not trimmed/ported.
So one pipe can be good for your kind of racing or its not good(depends of where in the rpm you want your pipe should deliver). ;)

a guy i use to race with put a cpi pipe on his baja and i can say that seeing is believing and his baja was a complete different machine. i don't know if it upped it 2hp but it sure raised the roof in performance. the bottom end came to life alot faster and she sure screemed alot higher at the top end. and it sounded cool to.

HI BUDDY,YES, THE RACING BOYS NEED POWER INSTANTLY FROM LOW REVS UPWARDS,I JUST BASH MYSELF SO ANY PIPE THAT GIVES A GOOD POWER INCREASE IS OK.(I USE A JETPRO THAT WOULD HAVE NO PLACE IN RACING I GUESS AS THE POWER DELIVERY IS TOO HIGH IN THE REV RANGE,PLUS TOO LOUD)iT ALSO SEEMS THAT A PIPE CAN DETEMINE THE WAY A ENGINE MAKES ITS POWER.THE RC IN YOUR PROFILE PICTURE LOOKS AWESOME !!VERY NICE BIT OF KIT.WE HAVE ENGINE TUNERS HERE THAT CATER FOR RACING,AS YOU SAY ,SMOOTH POWER DELIVERY/CURVE ETC,I SEEN ALOT OF SUCCESSFUL RACERS USING HIS ENGINES THROUGHOUT EUROPE, I GUESS A SAMBA OR CERTAIN FG PIPES GIVE MORE OF A SPREADED POWER CURVE,CHEERS FOR THE INPUT GUYS!

Last edited:
Got to be careful with Dyno claims as all are different but to get a measure of what pipe is best on stock or ported engines you should always use the same dyno so you know the results whether accurate or not are consistent.

Re CPI pipes, I have a side pipe on my V4 with a race prted engine and it rips. Got dyno prints showing the CPI v Samba 4 power pipe and the CPI makes max power from approx. 8500 to over 17000 rpm.

It's probably a power rating within those revs - not even the Audi Turbo engines have a 'flat curve'.
Something like maximum of 6, never less than 3.5-4.0 throughout those revs mentioned.

Nice to have a broad powerband.

Al.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks