what a day,posts 2 fg/mcd 0

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

renbar

posts 2 fg/mcd 0 :mad::mad:

what a day over 2 hours bashing over our local park/footy pitch me and wagon with the mcd now running hpi wheels his first run since conversion,both cars worked sweet i had a couple of small probs from the start mainly brakes got these fixxed up and back to bashing the ground was wet and we ripped up a good bit of it again sorry no vids but im sure your going to see so good pics of th damage we both managed to do.

first of wagon decieded to go near flat out into a wooden post that soon became game over having destroying his front end bent hinge pins snapped alloy arms carbon tray got hit as well it don't look to good i will leave him to post up his pics when he gets round to looking at it but its not looking good

then me being a lemon messed up my braking[finger slipped off lever]just as we were packing up for the day and bang i hit a friggin metal post with one hell of a wack it wasn't as harder impact as wagons but i still ended bending my front kicker it now points to the moon i have snapped the alloy part that goes through servo saver clean in half i think thats all its looks like its just the kick up bent so its hammer time i will get some pics up in a bit as its covered in all sorts of crap wet and i cant be arsed just now

plus i had a tyre insert poop its self and explode but i managed to save it and carry on running till i hit the post.but on a good note both cars were faultless mine even popped a awsome wheely one of its first and it went all the way up as well.

Attachments

• Photo0349.jpg
    Photo0349.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 33
  • Photo0350.jpg
    Photo0350.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 34
  • Photo0351.jpg
    Photo0351.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:
right got my arse in gear started the fix/rebuild the chassis is proper bent from the kicker to way past the servo tray with a slight twist,the crash also managed to bend both bulkheads a+b,,sorted these first easy fix flat surface big hammer,the wishbones uppers and lowers got away clean no signs of damage same with hinge pins no damage,throttle/brake rods got bent big style again its a easy fix and done

cars nearly back together and i just need to tweak the front kick up back to correct place cant do this till i get the stock alloy fg bit that died but im close probaly 5-10mm out but to be perfectly honest it was a bent chassis when i brought it so i cant moan to much plus it was my fault.

so far i just need a new/used triangle bit for the front where the servo saver bolts through radio tray,the carbon tray got away with no damage which im surprised about and the shocks look ok to so i feel a bit better now knowing its a easy fix and more importantly a cheap fix,it could have been alot worse theres so much that can get damaged in a direct front on impact with a metal post concreted into the ground

i do hope wagon has a result like me and gets away with the damage lightly but in all honesty i don't think he will as one of his front wheels looked a good 2 inch's further back than normal and the hinge pin that side is well shagged and ive never seen anything so bent,,i would love to be a fly on the wall when hes trying to get that out,,it also looked like hes destroyed the front diff housing hopefully that and the broken upper alloy arm thats all that got damaged and he can get replacment parts asap and get it rolling again

Attachments

• Photo0352.jpg
    Photo0352.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 17
  • Photo0353.jpg
    Photo0353.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
right guys another day of tinker time today id love to say its fixxed and ready to roll but no.

everything that came off bent has been straightend out im now within 2-3mm where its meant to be but nothing going back straight even servo savers had a wack and wont line up good yesterday car was nearly there and looked like a car now its in more bits than a new lego set waitig to be built lol.

tonights job final tweak with my new best freind mr lump hammer hes the man and love's nothing more than helping me out i think one/two hits and im there but its getting the other bits to fit lucky enough the replacement alloy part that snapped is a1 and as good as new im using that to try and get things as close as i can but inall honesty a new chassis+bulkheads would be a better bet the kicker on my chassis has been bent over more than louis spence has lol

hopefully the next posts/pics it will have wheels back on and sitting back on its shelf

Does Mr Lump Hammer help with the wheels as well? !!

Sorry mate.

I generally back off before the heavy hit - if I've had the option - only happened once, on the LST2 - tree stump just grew from nowhere .... insurance claim special jobbie ...

Hope you get it running straight and true and bash away!!

Al.

it was 100% my fault i wasn't feeling well and went out anyway and never felt comfortable with it all day then just after wagon hit his and we were walking back to the car i had a little rag with the bug just about to turn it off then went all cak handed and somehow slipped my finger off the brake trigger and over shot and bang hit the friggin post plus me not being well wasnt very quick with the reflex thing im like a 90 year old man at the mo

mr lump hammer hes ok but can get a bit carried away plus hes a big boy 2lb's and i tell you i wouldnt upset him cause he flatens everthing in his way,i don't tell him this but he needs mental help cause all he seems to do is bloody hit things

Thats a bad 1 mate. I often thought of adding a chassis brace to mine to stiffen up the front end but decided against it as it would just push the shock down the chassis towards the engine which is even worse. Hope it comes together ok!

if not for the m&r racing cage the same as yours but with the front bit still on and bolted through the second hole in the triangle alloy bit[i didn't like the look of it going through the servo saver] then it would have been much worse it has got a reinforcment part i made for under the kicker bolted through as well with the chassis that and the alloy bumper its around 7-8mm thick at the front but it still bent the lot

got a problem mr lump hammer got a bit carried away and ive over done the kicker by a nats cock needs a small tweak back now but even once ive done that its still not going to line back up ive took a couple of pics to show what i mean as ive now got one hell of a gap between radio tray and triangle brace its just over 10mm out somehow so should i try and bend it down to the tray or fit a spacer and call it a day which to be honest it looks the best way i just cant see why its got the gap it realy aint far away from lining up

on a good note its the best the front end has ever fitted and the cars looking spot on

Attachments

• Photo0365.jpg
    Photo0365.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
right guys cars nearly back in one bit and looking great,but ive got a big problem i have only just noticed that the chassis is still bent or bowed and unless i replace it with a new one im stuck cause if i straighten it then noting is going to line back up well,it don't notice that much but if you place a straight edge on chassis theres a good 5mm gap at the front end the rears good and straight it bend/bows from tank/cage mount to front kicker i think im going to call it a day and leave it as is i just cant be arsed to strip it bare wack it flat and rebuild it all over again.what whould you do leave it or try and fix it

I have the same cage in my Baja and It doesn't fit the front all that great..
all I did was get an adjustable spanner and bend the front section in the right direction until it lined up better..

as for the chassis I would strip it and hammer the hell out of it until it was straight...
2 reasons...

1...its designed and is stronger in an impact...next one could cost alot more as its already lost some of its strength..and all other parts are designed around it being straight

2...I'm a tight git and cant afford another...:lol:

its as close as i can get it mate im not going to even try ill see how it goes if im not happy its going i think were i had the kicker a tad out i just tightened things up and it pull the chassis in its hardly noticeable but bents bent im hoping tidaz is going to make some 6mm ones soon that will sort it

the cage i done the same and bent the front bit that bolts through the servo saver so it bolts through the second hole i think its the cage that saved the car to be honest if not for that it would have been much worse and probaly bent clean in half im happy how its looking now ive set it up with some great advice and help from mike1970 its not far away now

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks