What connector should I use for brushless build?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MGP

I'm trying to decide on what connectors to run on my Brushless build. It's a 5T and I'll be running a hobbywing 200a MAX5 esc and a Fuse 800kv 6 pole motor. I will be using SMC 4s x2 9200mah 90c batteries so this will only be a 8s system.
I was thinking about running XT150/AN150. But was thinking are they really needed for my setup what about just using EC5 connectors. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks.

Well WoodiE
Lesson learned and XT150 Connectors are on order. I guess I need to stop learning the hard way. Lol. Thanks again Mike

The 8awg wire will not fit through the connector. The EC5's I received the connector needed to be put on the wire first before soldering the terminal like the XT150.
I'm definitely better off using the XT150's. They will be here Monday. So I won't get to test it out this weekend suppose to rain tomorrow anyway. Lol

Last edited:
XT150's came in yesterday and everything is all soldered up and will take it for a test drive today. The scary thing with these XT150's is you can plug a battery together Into itself so you really have to pay attention. I'm going to use some blue tape to label the positive and negative cables on the batteries that I hook together.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks