What CY do I have?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

a69baldone

Ok I did a search and to no help. Is there a way to see what CY engine I have. There are no stickers as I see and it has the Chang Yung and the base of the head but thats it. I was told its a stroker but then again I could have been stroked on that one. Any helpful info and replies will be greatly appreciated . Thanks

No easy way to tell I'm afraid apart from pulling it apart to measure the bore and check the crank (a stroker has it written on it). :)

what do the numbers say on the cylinder?under the fins....
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Slawhammer,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
PS like example..S30-35
S30 means stroker +2 crank
35 means bore size

Last edited:
It is on the other side...Guess you won't see it hidden by the fly wheel....
when time comes you will need a fly wheel puller later on...you can make one
or buy one from DDM there like $23 bucks...You can also use it to remove the clutch
carrier on the crank with that also..............slawhammer..............

Only thing I see is Chang Yung. I guess I was wanting to know if there was a certain way to ID the different models. Such as number of fins or a taller head or something along them lines. Maybe Im SOL for the time being.

the numbers you need are stamped on the opposite side of the cylinder A69. you ll have to look at the cylinder by the ps side.

there should be stamped numbers in starting with crank length and then cylinder bore.
ie, a 23cc motor will be stamped 28 32 a 26cc motor will be stamped 28 34 a gp290motor will be stamped 28 36. a cy29rc will be stamped 30 35 a cy27rc will be 28 35.

so find those numbers by the ps side of the cylinder and you ll know what it is supposed to be.
now thats not to say somone hasnt put a 2mm stroker crank on a GP290 and it will have a 30mm stroker instead of the stamped 28mm on the cylinder. this is where you will have to take the motor apart to confirm the stroke length (strokers are stamped 1 or 2mm by the piston connetion).

Found out from right below the head it has 28-36.
GP290 from what I gather and was told its a stroker but not going to go all there to find out at the moment. Thank for all the help guys. It has the walbro carb also.

it´s any easy way to meassure the engien stroke.
you need to remove the psarkplugg. then use a meassuring calipper.
turn the crank so that teh piston is on the top dead center and meassure
the distacne from teh piston top and to area where the spark plugg fitted.
tne turn the cranck over so the piston is sett at bottom deadcenter and meassure again. the difference between the to meassurements is the engine stroke.you have 3 possibilitys. 28 mm stock crank, 29mm stroker and 30mm stroker crank

Yes ..I have done that to check my 29 CC engine...when I could not see the case
numbers...So In my 29CC it is a 30mm stroker crank....But then I knew that crank had to be used to make it a 29CC Engine...Slawhammer

Now that's interesting as I always thought the numbers had some meaning but never heard it 100%. My new engine has 28 36 stamped on it and was sold as a high power 29cc kit (mildly ported). It also has a +2mm stroker fitted so doesn't that make it a 30.5cc? Almost tempted to pull the head off and measure the piston to be sure. :)

ducky ..it will be a 29cc if used a 29 head kit..have to use +2 stroker crank to make it a 29..
is there a S before the 28?that would mean it is a stroker kit..EXP.S28-36
S for +2 stroker crank 36 is the bore.....Slawhammer

Yeah usually a stock bore+a 2mm stroker makes 29cc....but if mine is the GP290 larger 36mm bore + a 2mm stroker wouldn't this be 30cc? :)

Well ducky...You may be correct as to being a 30.5 CC Then...
It would come down to ask questions ..where you got the engine from...
........................Slawhammer........................

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks