What did you do to your vekta today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Braap2smoke

I installed some quick fuel disconnects and a aluminum rear diff cover... had them for a while and waited to do some wrenching before i installed these parts. Took out for a bash yesterday to break in a 1 yr old motor and the 65cc backed out all 3 motor to tranny bolts. Put red loctite now so hopefully they stay put. 1 more tank and shes is gonna start looking for power.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    131.2 KB · Views: 8
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    164.1 KB · Views: 8
don't even have a Vekta yet but I have been ordering everything I want the last several weeks to use in the build. Been waiting on the VRC to go on dotd for a while now ?

Attachments

• A6E60467-F0B9-41C7-9490-E25ABD09994A.jpeg
    A6E60467-F0B9-41C7-9490-E25ABD09994A.jpeg
    276.9 KB · Views: 12
Went out yesterday and got a real quick run on the 65 to get some tanks theough it. Well after a few runs tranny locked up. Pulled apart just to find the adjusting nut for slipper clutch had backed out. Gonna spend today putting everything back together and re-loctited. Then friday gonna put some more tanks thru her so i can finally start looking for power. Running 24/17 gears on the t90.

What shock oil viscosity is guys running for their big bores. In my tt i want to go heavier than stock. So i order some 500 and 400 cst oil. Gonna try the 500 in the fronts and 400 in rear. Between the weight of the motor on the front shocks and the weight of the spare tires on the rear the truck just preloads so much.
What shock oil viscosity is guys running for their big bores. In my tt i want to go heavier than stock. So i order some 500 and 400 cst oil. Gonna try the 500 in the fronts and 400 in rear. Between the weight of the motor on the front shocks and the weight of the spare tires on the rear the truck just preloads so much.

We are wondering as well, they supplied 150 in my tt kit. I bought the ddm chrome springs to help with ride height, but definitely needs more dampening.
Another fellow brapper is running the 40gt with the ddm springs 250cst in the rear and 150cst in the front with right rear spring preloaded. I'm running all the billet and could definitely use even a bit more spring tension, I'm gonna see if I can put my factory rear springs on the front shocks
Their a cheap upgrade for the tt

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210325-132321_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210325-132321_Chrome.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
We are wondering as well, they supplied 150 in my tt kit. I bought the ddm chrome springs to help with ride height, but definitely needs more dampening.
Another fellow brapper is running the 40gt with the ddm springs 250cst in the rear and 150cst in the front with right rear spring preloaded. I'm running all the billet and could definitely use even a bit more spring tension, I'm gonna see if I can put my factory rear springs on the front shocks
Their a cheap upgrade for the tt
Those chrome ones say stock tension also

For the kv5, the spring is different on the rear of our tt kit trucks
That's the oe tt spring...I'll look through my thread I have the comparison photos, my photos on my phone got wiped on me?
These are from my thread, definitely an upgraded tension to our tt springs, I have the weight specs of the tires and everything on my thread page. I'm still going to look into custom shocks and springs as I still could use more. I've messaged shock therapy, but their strokes. And a custom spring set for built for the weight of these rigs shouldn't be to hard to obtain.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210325-141006_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210325-141006_Chrome.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 4
  • Screenshot_20210325-140958_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210325-140958_Chrome.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 4
  • Screenshot_20210325-140949_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210325-140949_Chrome.jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks