what do you guys tink about this car ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i don't have one, but i think there is better for the money if your looking for a budget runner. check out the redcat buggies. there are some crazy sales going on and they are 4wd as well..
this one is only $495 if you use the coupon code on home page. its a sale, so don't expect them to be around much longer.
http://www.rampagehopups.com/product.sc?categoryId=3&productId=2

and welcome to the forum. good spot here with lots of info.
oh ya. thats the same one i have in my avator pic under my name. diffrent body and pipe. if you wana see what you get for $495, check out my youtube..
http://www.youtube.com/user/itsmykryptonite

Last edited:
but every noe tell me diferent thing.fs is godd brand or no?i don't wnt to buy piece poop , i ned noe that i can get parts for it latter .

every one tells you something diffrent couse we all have our own opinion on whats good and whats not.. my opinion is this.. there are NO bad rc's. but some are better then others. one thing to know about fs is they are clones. they took a very good model and copied it(mcd) and call it there own. there is alot of quality loss while doing that. we wont get into wether its right or not, but the benifits are some/most mcd parts will fit the fs. but they are some of the most expensive parts in the hobby. way to rich for my blood. parts are available for the fs, but there is very little product support and fs doesn't make any upgrades. just stock parts from what i am aware of. it also comes down to what you expect. expect anything you get to have some kind of issue. there are no perfect models. but the one thing i look for is support. i want product support, product availibilty(withing 4days!) and i want to know of other seasond members that have the same model that i have. what issues they have and what upgrades they have. and are all those things affordable for my little budget?. nobody can tell you what will work for you. but we can say what works for us. redcat works for me. we have our own forum(very active) for help and support. we have a good amount of upgrades that wont brake the bank. they are very afordable, inter changable parts between many models, we have buggies, monster trucks and 4wd on-road/rally. so it comes down to you.
-how much do you want to spend?
-how much do want to spend on upgrades/maintanace, ie: tires,gears,parts
-what are you going to use it for.
-do you want something that needs little work out of the box
-for yor budget, what are you willing to sacrifice? quality, parts availability,2wd/4wd.
im just saying becouse i have purchesed the wrong model for my needs. and it sucks.
for other options, check out the ramps. forum
http://www.redcatrampageforum.com/index.php

you get what you pay for. I own one, its not the best buggy and its not the worth, they all have their problems. If you take your time and take it apart and locktite nessary areas and do keep up on your air filter should work well. I have issuse with mine but most was my fault. Parts support is pretty go, I live close so I get my parts the next day. check out fsracingusa.com for parts, thay do have a few new upgrades to. I would suggest metal gears for an upgrade. The radio system does suck, cheap am, the servos will get you buy but is something you can upgrade in the future. If I where to do it over I would go with something else but I only paided $400 for mine brand new. Its only 2wd, it make it 4wd fork out another $150

Mine has lots of upgrades hpi motor and pipe to begain with. Sickboy is the one to talk to.

3536431139_9c3e216600.png

these things are a good and cheep way of getting into the large scale stuff, i had a hobbypro mutilator 6 last year and for the 3-4 months i had it before going for my fg leopard i had great fun with it but there was a bit of a parts shortage in the uk and no hopups but quite a few model shops in the uk now stock standard and hopup parts so i would take a guess fs will soon have a wide range of standard and hopups in the near future and the build quality will also get better.

i think thats a good rig. i had the hobby-pro on-road version and it wasnt bad. the plastic was a little brittle, and the body wasnt so hot, but fg parts will fit. but they are expensive couse there imported from germany. good machine thou. "trip" also has one. i think he likes it

ps.. stay away from the xrc you linked on another thread. no good has ever come out of an xrc..

That mut is on the Fg Marder platform...so some cheaper firehammer parts will fit as well..
Like the upper & lower control arms in plastic.....decent RC Unit..few things to work out
like any thing else you would buy..no matter the brand name may be...Slawhammer

I have one, it's a great buggy. Parts are interchangeable with the Firehammer and Marder.

Toss on an X-can or a pipe and they are wicked fast! I haven't had any problems with this one, just some broken plastics. $5 fix!!

HobbyPro Optional body $125 shipped, but strong as hell!!
NewCamera240-1.jpg

Ugly stock body.
NewCamera192-1.jpg

Looks like a rollerskate..
NewCamera173.jpg

It is defiantly worth the money!!! I would buy another one in a heart beat!

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks