What do you prefeer? Gas, Nitro, or Electric?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I race the FG Leopard 2, I prefer Largescale petrol cars because of the size, smell, and because they are close in some ways to the 1:1 versions i.e the set up involved and tyre choices.
Next season I'll be racing the FG Leopard 2 and Leopard 4 in the UK and Europe. We have the EFRA European championships next year in the UK too.

This is my opinion.

Electric to me just has no soul.

Nitro is OK but you have to lug around to much and cost more for fuel.

I prefer gas, as they are bigger, no glow plug starter or starter box to lug around or have to spend much of the day charging batteries. Cheaper to run then nitro, engines last longer then nitro and longer run times then the others for the most part with out having to fuel or swap batteries.

I do wish that racing large scale was more popular in the US but it is slowly growing.

Last edited:
1) gas- easy to tune, sounds cool cheap to run.
2) nitro- i love the smell and its where i got my rc start. i still love playing with my nitro stuff. its more matinance and harder to run, but very fun
3) electric- its boring. ive raced electric touring, got tired of spending huge dollars to keep up in sportsman. id rather not run anything than electric, at least as far as cars/trucks go. i have a crawler, its fun but has nothing to do with the power source, same with my electric helis.

depends on what i'm racing. if i'm racing the large scales then gas it is but if at one of the other clubs that i belong to then it's electric. but its a real chore when we do charity events cause i lug all my gear to the event witch means about 20 cars ranging from 1/3 scale all the way to 1/24.

Kinda of off topic. I hate to say it as I am a combustion engine person but electric is the wave of the future not only in RC but in 1 to 1 vehicles as well. Check out this video and this is a street legal car that is drive on the streets daily. He drives to the track and home after the races.
[ame]http://youtu.be/1Fmy4tWvr8c[/ame]

I would place PETROL 1st, then ELECTRIC and NITRO joint second.

Electric, once set-up for the convenience, apart from the fact that EVERY DAMNED MANUFACTURER uses a different connector!!!!
Once set-up, I love hearing the crackle, pop, then SCREEEAAAAAAMMMM of the nitro - good fun.
I love the nitro on a cold damp grassy area, where the smoke lingers for ages!!
(Can't stand the smell 'though, and nor can my eyes!!)

Al.

1.petrol as its new to me and it is just so easy to blast around with long run times (if I don't break the bloody thing)

2.nitro as its just great to hear the engines roar that the electrics don't have..( never had any tuning hassles with the nitro's that so many people complain about)

3.electric great for indoor use and I raced them for nearly 10 years..

each have there own problems too..

petrol is so expensive to buy and start with (if you want anything with a good name)
nitro is so expensive for fuel with short run times and engines don't have a long life.
electric needs loads of batteries to keep you running on a race night and short run times

I started with nitro in planes and still love it.do a lot of drag racing as well and there is nothing like nitro in the morning warm ups.yummmmmmm !!!!.I have a twin 3.3 t-maxx that is nothing but fun as well as a 1/8th scale pavement truggy which will put a smile on my face anytime.Only place i have found for batteries is my axial rock crawler(I still vow to convert to nitro some day) and to find my way in the dark with a flashlight.My newest toy is my fg sportline 2wd that is probably the most fun ever even if its only gasoline.(maybe its time to tip the nitro can at it!!!!! just kidding.

Its great to get to know everyone's preferences. The great thing about this hobby is that it has something for everyone, most of us have tried lots different things and had fun along the way . Thank you everyone for your responses and please keep posting!

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks