what fg is this

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Garethw1986

hello i have an early fg 1/5 touring car but not sure what model it is, will try and load pics up later. it has a 23cc zenoha engine and a opel calibra body shell and roll cage. thanks

going to need some more info. fg cars came with either a solo or zenoah 23cc depending on year, the roll cage comes on some of the early cars stock, however it is also an option part. the body doesn't mean much either.

fg cars didnt change drasticly over the years, most of the parts are interchangable. does it have a single shock in the front or 2. if it has a single shock with a cantilever setup thats an econoline, if it has 2 shocks its a sportsline. ill take a wild guess and assume its a sportsline, they are more common. the sportsline didnt have a lot of changes over the years, making it hard to figure out what version it is. a couple telltale things would be the shocks, iirc 03 got threaded shocks, the 97 had red non threaded bodies. another thing would be the gear plate, 97 and newer had a bolt on alluminum brake caliper, older had it integrated into the gear plate.

there isnt much more info i could offer you, pics would be the best way to help us ID the car.

those pics are so dark it's hard to tell what parts are on there. it has the off road style tank. I've had 2 cars with roll cages (have a bent up one sitting here from going under a chain link fence... outa control haha). they all are pretty cross platform. I use a lot of Nutech parts on mine cuz it's cheaper bling to buy and I have too many to buy all the expensive stuff ;)

Yes it is an older ECO line, the front arms are the same as the marder off road and from the black chassis its been about 9 years since they did that on the sport model cars. I would place that car around 12-14 years old with what i can see, that G2D Zenoah is the dead give away.

thanks i know its an early model but its in good nick and im happy for the money i give. so most marder wishbones ect will fit? the g2d zenoha an ok engine? thanks

Only the marred front arms the rest is standard sportline stuff, the G2D is pretty reliable but about half the power of the g230

the g230 is a cracking engine and can give you a tad under 5hp with a good pipe it the engine im going to use in the on road im building i think its a cheap engine to repair and get second hand

the g230 is a cracking engine and can give you a tad under 5hp with a good pipe it the engine im going to use in the on road im building i think its a cheap engine to repair and get second hand

sounds good mate, the car aint slow but could be better, what tuned pipe is best, well best value lol:)

i haven't got a clue on the best on road pipe as im only in the building stage of my on road so not got that far yet on my bug i use a victory pipe but i don't think they make on road pipes or id have said the victory but theres tons out there fg pipes samba ect the list goes on and on its all about your budget my off road pipe cost me over £160 plus postage but it one of the best mods ive done to the bug and sounds sweet

I have to admit, for on road the best pipe I have tried out is this samba 4. I found a used one on rcu to try and have been very pleased. though the fg tuned pipe isn't too bad. Sharkey, my bud has a Mielke and it's a nice sounding pipe and he's sure happy with the performance, after changing to that from a cloned fg side pipe.

Jet Pro should have on road pipes this year too.

the mielke side power pipe is great. i got it off ebay for dirt cheap, and really that was the only reason i bought it. it makes a lot of mid range power, its actually recommended to gear up with this pipe as it does tend to bring peak rpm down a bit. the thing is very quiet too. another good option is the mielke rear exit tuned pipe, and there are a few other versions of it in steel. a steel tuned pipe is supposed to make more power, something about the steel reflecting the pulse better.

samba pipes are nice too. what id say is see what you can find used in good shape, a good tuned pipe can easily be $250-500.

It's hard to believe the G2D was the original power house for 1/5 scales, yes with a few parts you can switch to the G2D. On your pipe issue I would recommend the Samba pipe very reliable and a smooth power band some of the pipes on the market are like a on and off switch and are very hard to be smooth in the turns.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks