What happened to all the Proline tires for 1/5 scale?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bryan K.

What tires do you guys run for HPI/Losi DBXL 5ive Baja 5B 5SC 5T, etc? Why did Proline discontinue all the tires that were popular for these cars? Like the Bow-ties, Trenchers, Desperado wheels, etc. Are 1/5's not popular anymore? Seems like all they have are X-Maxx tires. Does this have something to do with all the Rovan and King Motor copies out there? I just don't know what to get anymore. Any recommendations? I loved the bow-ties and trenchers and I find the Rovan/KM copies aren't nearly as good. They rip and the compound is much softer. They don't offer the same amount of bite off road. I've tried the Hostile all terrain tires as well as the slicks and love them. But There doesn't seem to be any good offroad tire out there.

Thanks,

What tires do you guys run for HPI/Losi DBXL 5ive Baja 5B 5SC 5T, etc? Why did Proline discontinue all the tires that were popular for these cars? Like the Bow-ties, Trenchers, Desperado wheels, etc. Are 1/5's not popular anymore? Seems like all they have are X-Maxx tires. Does this have something to do with all the Rovan and King Motor copies out there? I just don't know what to get anymore. Any recommendations? I loved the bow-ties and trenchers and I find the Rovan/KM copies aren't nearly as good. They rip and the compound is much softer. They don't offer the same amount of bite off road. I've tried the Hostile all terrain tires as well as the slicks and love them. But There doesn't seem to be any good offroad tire out there.

Thanks,
try hostile mx tires, they are good

hostiles.....madmax......(y)...I do have sum proline trenchers on my los 5b...(y)

Thanks,
http://www.davesmotors.com/Products/DDM-Daily-Special/ (y)

I've seen madmax but wasn't sure if they were any good... they seemed really expensive. Hostiles are a quality product so ill give the mx's a try. I just really enjoyed the look of the proline trenchers. They still make trenchers for almost every size of car. I don't get why they would discontinue for 1/5 especially as they were popular.

Sent from my SM-G928W8 using Tapatalk

hostiles.....madmax......(y)...I do have sum proline trenchers on my los 5b...(y)

http://www.davesmotors.com/Products/DDM-Daily-Special/ (y)
some places still carry them but they are officially discontinued. I just don't like running tires that i know won't be available in the near future. I can't get them from my lhs for instance I'm not in the us but i do order from ddm when i have to.

I've seen madmax but wasn't sure if they were any good... they seemed really expensive. Hostiles are a quality product so ill give the mx's a try. I just really enjoyed the look of the proline trenchers. They still make trenchers for almost every size of car. I don't get why they would discontinue for 1/5 especially as they were popular.

Proline does things that make no sense, like they discontinued unmounted 1/8 Badlands for no reason. Straight up stupid

a lot of us on here run the mad max ones.(y)....very good for the money...imo...:cool:

Proline does things that make no sense, like they discontinued unmounted 1/8 Badlands for no reason. Straight up stupid
That's another one that i was pissed about. I love the 1/8 3.8 badlands but didn't like that i was forced to keep paying for the rims. They definitely don't make sense. Very difficult to support this company even if i want to.

That's another one that i was pissed about. I love the 1/8 3.8 badlands but didn't like that i was forced to keep paying for the rims. They definitely don't make sense. Very difficult to support this company even if i want to.

Yup, really wanted those tires when I had my 1/8 so I was pissed as well ?

Proline Tires are not discontinuing the line of 1/5 tires they are changing the rubber compound to all S2 compound for longer wear. Not sure what they are doing with Trenchers as we never use them for racing. If you need a set of Proline wheels I have a brand new set that I will sell since I am using only losi wheels now.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks