What happens if you put too little oil in the petrol??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi,

Was wondering what happens if you put too much oil in the petrol mixture or too little??

If it helps, I have the standard engine in a FG Leopard.

just buy the mixing bottle off ebay that you have been told about:clown:

you will get the perfect mix using that

25:1 is the ideal mix but a little oil either side of this is ok. I wouldnt go less than 32:1 even tho some oils state that you can run at 50:1. For the sake of a couple of quid, go for the mixing bottle Trebor suggested. I also have 1 & you cant go wrong then :cool2: It also means that you don't have a gallon of 2 stroke mix sat around as it will deteriorate after approx 6weeks if you don't use it all which can happen with the typical british weather :blush:

I got the mixing syringe and it works well. I would have preferred the talked about mixing cup, but the syringe was available at my local auto repair store.
As for what will happen, Pablo summed it up perfectly. ;)

Chris

depends on how much "Too Little" oil you used, and the oil quality.

I know of one Baja owner that uses AMSOil Professional Saber. he mixes at 80:1 and has for the 3.5 yrs hes had his baja. only on his 2nd motor as he had plating issues with the rtr 23.

SO using high quality oil you could be fine.

but generally you ll get faster piston ring wear, and possibly a lean siezed motor if it was too thin.

so how much oil to gas are we talking?

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks