What if my RX Battery Pack went dead?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

momofx

Hello, I just read on another forum that if the RX battery pack is low and you try to run your vehicle, it will lose control and take off at max speed!!! Whoa - don't want that to happen on a 1/5th lol. I don't know if the op who mentioned that was using the stock rx and tx. I plan on using the FS-GT3B tx which the rx has a programmable failsafe but I dunno how that will work if the battery goes low??

Simple answer Mo:

1. Set your failsafe - any charge left will set the brakes to the failsafe position you've set - normally half to full brakes - as/when signal is lost with the transmitter.
2. Get a remote kill switch - NOT the same thing. Once signal lost, power lost, both, then it will cut the engine.

Low power should not set the throttle to full, but at low power I have seen strange things happen between the Rx and the servos .... !! .... so I won't 100% rule it out!

Al.

yes if you are running wide open and the batt decides to take a poo and not have enough juice left to move it back to no throttle then yes could potentionaly cause a runaway, Also if batt is completely dead there is a good chance your failsafe wont work properly......All this being said, And once agian it has been said here many times, Killer bee Super bee is a must have for any and all 1/5 scales. Any interferance or power loss or anything happens and it kills the engine. Cant runaway then...lol

I also run GT3B on all my gassers, So I also have the built in failsafe which is nice but not 100% protection, With both if something happens its gonna stop.

Yeah.
Check out the threads on remote kill switches, particularly Killer Bee and now SuperBee. They're not the only ones out there, but they are the best established.
One thing you've got to be aware of with these 'monsters' is they really vibrate a lot. Before, possibly during, and certainly after any run, check out the bolts, particularly the diff mounts, engine mounts, engine (head and exhaust manifold), throttle/brake linkages and servo screws.

Al.

killer bee.....killer bee.........killer bee.....(chanting). years back i never ran a kil switch. then i got a killer bee. i wont even run a baja without one. if im building a car and don't have the switch yet, i wont run it till i hav eone. it just makes you feel all warm and fuzzy inside knowing your not gonna mame someone, yourself, or destroy you high dollar rig. ivve got six bajas, one losi, and a fg onroad. all have killer bees.

it is worth more than what he asks for it.

For what it's worth...
The fail safe between the TX. and RX. is for signal ONLY between the two, If it gets out of range it kicks in!!! If your battery on your RX. does not have enough voltage to power the servos your SCREWED!!!

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks