What is a clone of what?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This /\
Also, it is counterfeit. A fake is a fake, with your logic, a clone Rolex that looks identical to a Rolex and let's say, said Rolex was very distinct and one of its kind, and there's a blatant rip off, "oh it's just generic" no it's a rip off. No ripping off should be tolerated, small or big scale period
That was also probably one of the shittiest examples you've ever heard but I hope i got my point across ??
I disagree, it most definitely is not a counterfeit nor is it a rip off. The design may be the same but they are not branding it a losi, hpi, etc. it’s not like their pretending to be the original manufacturer. That statement is like saying that generic mac and cheese in the grocery store is a counterfeit of craft Mac and cheese. It’s most definitely not, it’s just a cheaper quality alternative. And it’s easy to distinguish between the two as they have different brand names printed on them. I get that your a genuine kind of guy but the fact of the matter is there’s nothing wrong with them making a generic product nor people choosing to buy that product. I guarantee anyone who buys a clone wouldn’t be buying an rc at all if the only option they had were big name brands that are way overpriced imo. Not saying they aren’t worth it but we all know the cost to manufacture let’s say a losi 5ive t for example is nowhere near the retail price they are selling them for. There’s probably a few hundred dollars into manufacturing them and they charge well over a thousand dollars. To me that’s not right either. I get the need to profit and cover overhead but that’s just excessive.

I disagree, it most definitely is not a counterfeit nor is it a rip off. The design may be the same but they are not branding it a losi, hpi, etc. it’s not like their pretending to be the original manufacturer. That statement is like saying that generic mac and cheese in the grocery store is a counterfeit of craft Mac and cheese. It’s most definitely not, it’s just a cheaper quality alternative. And it’s easy to distinguish between the two as they have different brand names printed on them. I get that your a genuine kind of guy but the fact of the matter is there’s nothing wrong with them making a generic product nor people choosing to buy that product. I guarantee anyone who buys a clone wouldn’t be buying an rc at all if the only option they had were big name brands that are way overpriced imo. Not saying they aren’t worth it but we all know the cost to manufacture let’s say a losi 5ive t for example is nowhere near the retail price they are selling them for. There’s probably a few hundred dollars into manufacturing them and they charge well over a thousand dollars. To me that’s not right either. I get the need to profit and cover overhead but that’s just excessive.
When?

I was looking carefully a Rovan the other night and it had a lot of uprated parts on it compared to my Losi 2.0, and now also comes with the same Z 32cc engine, it almost makes it slightly compelling for the prices they are running, the only concession seems the Rovan seems based on the 5ive 1.0 or 1.5 ? not the 2.0, I only entered the 5th scale game with the 2.0 so not experienced enough to know the in's and out's of those implications tho.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks