What is a "hybrid" in fifth scale?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zxb466

LSF Plus Member
PLUS member
Hello everyone. I am new here and i've been seeing some 5th scale's called "hybrids." What does that mean in RC? Do they run on both electric and gas? I also see some aftermarket parts sold that distinguish between "hybrid" vehicles.

So a hybrid is a cross between a losi 5ive t and a baja 5b, to explain it properly the reply would be very long. There's also something called an outlaw that's a more refined hybrid with its own unique parts. A hybrid is cheaper as you can use stock parts from both rigs to complete a hybrid vs an outlaw has a much greater price tag because it's existence is in a billet form with no plastic pieces.

So a hybrid is a cross between a losi 5ive t and a baja 5b, to explain it properly the reply would be very long. There's also something called an outlaw that's a more refined hybrid with its own unique parts. A hybrid is cheaper as you can use stock parts from both rigs to complete a hybrid vs an outlaw has a much greater price tag because it's existence is in a billet form with no plastic pieces.
Thank you! It makes much more sense now. I was thinking "hybrid" RC's were engine and gas like Prius's LOL

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks