What motor is this?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trip

Is this the CY 29 or the GP290? It has a black sparkplug cap. It looks like the cy29... I ordered and paid for the gp290... I can't get a hold of DDM at the moment. Do you guys think it was the old switch-a-roo?

Thanks,
Trip..

Last edited:
Well the GP uses a 36mm piston so could be that the '36' indicates the piston diameter, which would mean you have the correct engine...

***Ok ignore that I just looked and my 29cc also says 28/36 on the head but mine uses a stroker crank to make the size up so that doesn't help.

Last edited:
Nope!!!! Never mind it is a 28mm stroke and a 36 mm bore But I thought it was supposed to have the red plug cap... I don't care about the color I just want to make sure it is the 2nd edition... make sense?

If it's 36mm bore than that is the GP290 which is a CY engine but with the improvements. Also the red plug cap is crap, I think the black one is much better! :)

I had the red cap and it's made of some super soft material and it's possible to twist the internal wiring when removing/refitting it. The black one seems to be a lot stronger and holds it's shape better.

Looks like the new improved 29CC engine...The red cap is a silacone material..
Black is rubber...You will not be able to get in touch with DDM until after 12PM your time
ther behind us....Believe only the cylinder is thicker walls and better inner plating..
Good to see your engine....AKASlawhammer
PS Forgot.. to make it a 29 they have to use a stroker crank..which is machine work done to the Lower case & Cylinder to use a 2mm stroker crank...

Last edited:
...I just got done with Brad at DDM, it is the correct engine, CY ran out of red caps!!! lmao... DDM are great guys to buy from, had it all figured out in 5 min worth of emails! That's fast! They really take care of their customers... I would buy from them again in a second. I wish I would have received some stickers though... I'm off to go play with my truck... :: poof ::

Trip..

Good to hear ya got it sorted out...I buy from DDM all the time..I must have spent
$1500 dollars with them already..Ther my first choice to deal with..Excellent service
Stickers..I got about 20 of them from DDM with my orders...Best to you...
will see your engine mounted up later today..AKASlawhammer

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks