What Not To Do?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

incloud

Lol, Hi everyone, I'm Bobby. I just joined and told about myself here if you want to know my story. I'm about to pull the trigger, actually almost did and backed out, on the Rampage MT. Mixed messages online have stopped me. So I came to this forum to get advice and justify spending 800 bucks on a hobby knowing that I'm going to change everything about it and all it offers. I don't want headaches and endless repairs so will take whatever steps necessary, be patient, and do it right from the go. So tips on "What Not to Do" is why I'm here along with getting the no brainer and necessary upgrades on order before I even break it in. I know I want a tight tuned pipe, K&N Filter, and rock solid Drive train along with rigid steering and servos that don't hesitate. But I'll leave it up to your suggestions on what is primarily needed from the start. But I would like to discover some of the weak points on my own as to determine and experience the benefit of my upgrades. It would take the fun out of the hobby if I made it rock right from the box, lol. I need to break something or what's the point? I'll leave it at that for now and will look forward to the replies here. Thanks in advance for the time and support!

It seems there are quite a few cross compatibility options out there. I just did up a Volcano for about 350 total and it is sick. Traxxas parts worked. Rampage has compatibility with HPI for the most part I believe. I don't mind waiting a day or two for parts.

Mail order is my only option for 1/5 scale parts also so a couple days shipping isn't even something I consider.
I'm thinking about ordering the Rampage MT tonight. Trying to decide what essential upgrades to order with it. Reliability before bling is my focus. Aluminum hubs and steering components along with good bearings and a tuned pipe is what I'm planning.

Lol, Hi everyone, I'm Bobby. I just joined and told about myself here if you want to know my story. I'm about to pull the trigger, actually almost did and backed out, on the Rampage MT. Mixed messages online have stopped me. So I came to this forum to get advice and justify spending 800 bucks on a hobby knowing that I'm going to change everything about it and all it offers. I don't want headaches and endless repairs so will take whatever steps necessary, be patient, and do it right from the go. So tips on "What Not to Do" is why I'm here along with getting the no brainer and necessary upgrades on order before I even break it in. I know I want a tight tuned pipe, K&N Filter, and rock solid Drive train along with rigid steering and servos that don't hesitate. But I'll leave it up to your suggestions on what is primarily needed from the start. But I would like to discover some of the weak points on my own as to determine and experience the benefit of my upgrades. It would take the fun out of the hobby if I made it rock right from the box, lol. I need to break something or what's the point? I'll leave it at that for now and will look forward to the replies here. Thanks in advance for the time and support!

The K&N filter is no good if you're going to be running in dusty places.
Get an HPI 2 stage foam filter.

How about this:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...21d-5fd6-9954-a826e2783498&pf_rd_i=6925922011

And do you happen to know where I can get Aluminum parts for the MT that are not anodized? I've looked everywhere and all the parts are colored purple or blue. I like an accent color on the truck but having too much looks tacky and cheap to me. One other thing is do you have experience with ball bearings and know of a good place to get them that ships in a reasonable time frame? I'm ordering through Amazon and will have the truck early this week but want to tear it down and build it up right before I even drive it.

How about this:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...21d-5fd6-9954-a826e2783498&pf_rd_i=6925922011

And do you happen to know where I can get Aluminum parts for the MT that are not anodized? I've looked everywhere and all the parts are colored purple or blue. I like an accent color on the truck but having too much looks tacky and cheap to me. One other thing is do you have experience with ball bearings and know of a good place to get them that ships in a reasonable time frame? I'm ordering through Amazon and will have the truck early this week but want to tear it down and build it up right before I even drive it.

Not sure about that one.
Doesn't say how many filters in it.
I was thinking more of this http://www.davesmotors.com/hpi-15411-air-filter-set-for-hpi-baja-5b_5t_5sc.html

That's not bad but I was hoping for a chrome one. They have some wicked nice pipes there but I don't know which ones would work. I want good back pressure of course but also as silent as possible, more like a dirt bike than a weed wacker.

I looked it up but it seems like a not so perfect end result. My buddy does custom metal finishing so if need be I'll go to his shop and run it through the tanks. Hard to believe it's not the opposite. You'd figure it would be common for plain aluminum alloy and colors would be more custom.

I looked it up but it seems like a not so perfect end result. My buddy does custom metal finishing so if need be I'll go to his shop and run it through the tanks. Hard to believe it's not the opposite. You'd figure it would be common for plain aluminum alloy and colors would be more custom.

All pipes are loud but you can get silencers for them.
I run a Jetpro rear mount with silencer on my DuneRunner.
It's still loud but not as harsh.
You'll find silenced pipes on DDM where that filter is.
Have a look around his site.
He has some good stuff.

I would stay away from redcat Save up and get losi 5t or MTXL the money you save up front you be spendind A lot more money later in the long run. That was my experience with redcat products. I'm not saying the losi don't have their problems.

Hey forget the bling and whatnot, first upgrade should be a kill switch, good servos gear plate and metal gears to start .

If you buy the HSP version it has all that as standard and is usually cheaper.
Exact same cars and parts.
HSP manufactures for Redcat and even the part numbers are the same and readily available under the HSP name.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks