what oil %

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FESCUE101

What oil % does everyone use when you mix your fuel?? On my pull start it says 25% but that seems like slot of oil. I think my Baja I had was 20-1 ratio and that is no where near 25% . So what % or ratio would I mix my fuel?

See my other reply.
All of these engines are very similar.
They are all quite high revving - normally up to 18 - 19,000 rpm un-modified.

25 Petrol (Gas) : 1 Oil is the preferred ratio, by bashers and racers alike.

Al.

25:1 is what I have always done. I heard up to 32:1 is safe. Once you get up to 40 or 50:1 you are really limiting the life span of the motor. +1 on The AMSOIL. I use the Interceptor synthetic.

Stay with the 25:1 ratio which equates to 40mil oil to 1ltr petrol....so if you mix 4ltrs you will need to add 160mil of oil..

don't mistaken 25:1 with 25%,
25:1 is 25 parts fuel to 1 part oil
25% is 4 parts fuel to 1 part oil

the higher the Ratio the less oil is added, 32:1 is approx 31mil oil to 1ltr fuel...

Last edited:
Yep go with the 25:1 mixture

O'neil Brothers Racing says to use a "dino" oil for at least two tanks then switch to synthetic if you want. They recommend the Castrol 947 oil.
I have a OBR race ported, stuffed crank and 2mm stroker ready to fire up.
Going with their recommend of 25:1 or about 5oz. of oil to one gallon of fuel.

O'neil Brothers Racing says to use a "dino" oil for at least two tanks then switch to synthetic if you want. They recommend the Castrol 947 oil.
I have a OBR race ported, stuffed crank and 2mm stroker ready to fire up.
Going with their recommend of 25:1 or about 5oz. of oil to one gallon of fuel.

You need to be careful mixing Castor based oils with other oils, they have a reaction and not good to seals etc..best to give your engines a proper flush out before swapping oils...

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks