What prices do you see and what equipment on Smartech clones

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would have bought this one if I had to do it all over again. For about 560 (with shipping) it leaves you with several hundred dollars to spend on the needed upgrades. I'm sure the radio is crap.

http://cgi.ebay.com/1-5-Duratrax-st...ryZ44029QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

The mutilator is also a good price. I would call these guys personally though and talk to some guy named James to order (the owner). I had some issues getting them to ship me parts a few months ago.

http://www.jhc-888.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=226&HS=1

I think largescalerc has the best prices and you can call them and bug the crap out of them with questions, but bro don't buy the imitation crap go with the real thing, i think you get what you pay for in the long run or go used timmah has a bad ass bergonzi for 500 bucks and hell split the shipping cost and i know his stuff is used but he knows what hes talking about and his stuff looks clean well taken car of.

Since this is the "imitation crap" part of the forum :blink: and if you do choose between a clone and FG, look at it this way, if you get a clone you will be able to get more for the money. If I spend 600 bucks on a clone, I still have money left for steel gears, a tuned pipe, alloy diff housing, ball drive set, alloy uprights, alloy carriers, alloy shock tower....etc.....all for a little more than the price of an FG and its radio. Tower Hobbies is also a supplier of the Duratrax parts which makes it fairly easy to get parts.

That being said, I've never owned an FG but probably will someday. You can also get good deals on used ones (tmdz had his in the Marketplace for 800 but has decided to keep it) I personally wouldn't purchase FG brand new due to the initial startup cost on it.

here is a different style of a buggy made by IMEX it cost 649.99 us dollars with some hop up that you can buy .it is on page 124 in the RC Driver mag.or you might go to www.imexrc.com it looks a little cheap .but it is a buggy and I myself like the monster truck I am going to post it just as soon as I get my axles done. so I hope this helps a little

no I don't plan on buying this buggy . I love my monster truck and very happy with the duratrax firehammer I just saw it and thought I would see what everyone thought ? if it's not a truck I don't want nothing too do with it

I finally found a buggy for my Cousin on Ebay. It is the RTR Spider version, and I got it for $385. Once it gets here I will give it a once over, and install a few Carson Parts I got while on vacation in Germany. It should make for a nice Christmas present.

I finally found a buggy for my Cousin on Ebay. It is the RTR Spider version, and I got it for $385. Once it gets here I will give it a once over, and install a few Carson Parts I got while on vacation in Germany. It should make for a nice Christmas present.

Damn good deal! Uses Duratrax Firehammer parts which are readily available (usually) at Tower!

Well got the buggy in today, and although it was shown as a "Spider", it turns out Smartech changed some stickers. The Buggy is a Smartech, and from what I can tell is well built (I know its not an FG etc.) The Radio included is Garbage. By Garbage, it feels and looks cheap. I will be giving my Cousin an older Futaba FM Pistol of mine to replace the included one. I also removed all stickers, and reprinted some pdf instructions from the Internet for him. I will post Before and After Pics of the Buggy (graphics)

I have been tossing up the idea of a smartech marder clone, they are cheap as chips on ebay and lots of FG parts fit (as well as some hop up parts made just for them). If I do it will be my total thrash buggy - big air etc and will live its life WFOT. Still don't know though.

Sorry been away on vacation, here is a pic of the Car with my new stickers added. I wanted to emulate a vintage dune buggy. I will post more later as I have to resize the pictures.

Attachments

• volkers buggy.JPG
    volkers buggy.JPG
    41.1 KB · Views: 24
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks