what servo???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hi. im looking to replace my hitec hs 945mg throtle and brake servo, witch has just died on me.. im looking at the new titaniam geard hs 7955tg.. just wondering if anyone is useing one and what ther like.. can i use it straight from the box and set it up with my gemini2 radio, like i have my old one.. for example..... regards... marc

alot of guys are running that servo with Great results. i have seen a thread or 2 on one or 2 quirking out, but thats with anything mass produced.

should be a rock solid unit.

do you really need 333oz/in of torque for throttle/brake??? i guess if you do, it is a great servo, lots of crawler guys run them for steering and have good luck. however for the price, go with a 7954. its the same speed and torque at 6v, however its a high voltage servo meaning you can run it direct off 2s lipo for more speed and torque. imo that would be the smarter way to go as it opens up the lipo possibility when you upgrade other servos. its also around $20 cheaper than the 7955

in most cases, with a well setup stock brake package. 200 in/oz is plenty. but if your running front disc brakes and or rear disc brakes, then over 280 in/oz of torque is REALLY handy.

If you like to run the ABS features, then the high dollar digital servos with Mega torque are the way to go. sounds funny, but they can take the rigors of the ABS much better than the lesser expensive non high torque servos do.

I am running the 7955 (At 6.0v) in my FG M/T. It will lock up the stock brake like nothing, but the stock brake and cable brakes is a little too hard for the servo. It will almost lock up all 4 wheels.

I'm about to swop my TB servo for a Savox as I need to run cable front brakes and rear disc from one servo. I'll update later this week when I have tried it out.

I'm only running an el-cheapo Tower hobbies 996MG 15kg....locks the brakes easy.....all to do with how you set up the brakes on the baja's....

I did have to mod the motor inside it though.....with real brushes instead of the crappy little brass fingers.( which wear off after a very short while).

It has been going for over 12 months now and still perfect....

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks