What Shock oil for FG Alloy shock absorber

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You could get the FG adjustable shock but, I would try a bunch of different types of shock oil before you do that. You should find a good weight for what you want it to do.

Good luck.

the alloy pistons in the standard shock vastly improve them without having to get the adjustable alloy ones though people who have the alloy ones say they are way superior to the red ones...I decided to bite the bullet and get a set with the alloy pistons and threaded rods, expensive at $300...should be here next week...I'll let you know how they go.

do you have to use a specific type of oil or could you use other types of oil like automotive oils
has anyone tried oils , other than shop bought shock oils?
for instance lightweight maintenance oils such as "3 in 1" , auto trans oil ,
or heavier oils like chain lube for chainsaws

hydrolic oils and such are being used in the Baja shocks due to them not being able to use the silicone oils. I don't see why not? Biggest thing is you don't want to use anything that will break down the seals or plastics.

Yep the alloy fg's are real quality, just got mine just waiting for the pistons rods and seals. I bought a set of the other alloy shocks mentioned in another thread and sent them back...they weren't what i was expecting, vendor was great though and refunded my money instantly.
Don't know what oil to use either, probably start with about 80 and go from there

Hi!

I just bought 4 pro 5th scale shocks off ebay to put on my FG monster (mt5) The seller claimed that 4 should be enough??
Anyone know if this is correct.. I am afraid that i have to mix these with the original ones so i get 8 shocks total.
Have bought 60 weight silicone oil for these.

Here are the shocks i bought

I just bought 4 pro 5th scale shocks off ebay to put on my FG monster (mt5) The seller claimed that 4 should be enough??
Anyone know if this is correct.. I am afraid that i have to mix these with the original ones so i get 8 shocks total.
Have bought 60 weight silicone oil for these.

Here are the shocks i bought

https://www.largescaleforums.com/showthread.php?t=3705&highlight=alloy+shock

I have 4 more that I have reworked that you can see in the above review that I will be selling if you need 4 more. You may want to check them out when you get them. Just read the review.:blush:

Thanks for the feedback BTB. I wish i had read that review before i bought those:(
Should have known it was to good to be true. Guess i get FG original. Or maybe elcon makes som good ones?

You may have a different outlook on them. Or maybe they have upgraded them? Post up on that review thread and tell us what you think about them and all. I wish you luck with them.:)

update on my fg adjustable alloys with alloy pistons...what a difference...these are super smooth and really improve the handling. I'm running 70wt oil in all 4 with the stock silver springs and no preload in the front and hardly any in the rear...they were expensive but worth saving for. I want a full spring set now so I can tune them for all surfaces.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks