What the difference....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vtx_f

Or better yet is there a specific application for metal shielded bearings verses Rubber sealed bearings. I need to order some but not sure which ones to get. My xb came with rubber sealed but I blew one out pretty quickly. I appreciate any info :D

There are several different qualities of manufacture, which can be located on any reasonable bearing manufacturer's website.
These will affect how free-running the bearings are.

Some bearings may not be quite as smooth running, but can take more of a hammering.

After all of this ....
I have read in the past that RUBBER SHIELDED are better for off-road, dusty, muddy, gritty, dirty situations as they better protect the internal 'balls'.
Metal shielded by the same token are not quite as protective - said the site I read from once - but are FREER RUNNING.

If this basic idea is right:
RUBBER SHIELDED - off-road.
METAL SHIELDED - on road.

Al.

I use metal shielded bearing in my off road & they seem ok. I run on grass tho rather than dusty or gritty ground so I suppose that will reflect in the life of the bearings.

Stick with the rubber sealed bearings, better protection against dirt and ect also easier maintenance just pop out the rubber seal and add more grease

There are several different qualities of manufacture, which can be located on any reasonable bearing manufacturer's website.
These will affect how free-running the bearings are.

Some bearings may not be quite as smooth running, but can take more of a hammering.

After all of this ....
I have read in the past that RUBBER SHIELDED are better for off-road, dusty, muddy, gritty, dirty situations as they better protect the internal 'balls'.
Metal shielded by the same token are not quite as protective - said the site I read from once - but are FREER RUNNING.

If this basic idea is right:
RUBBER SHIELDED - off-road.
METAL SHIELDED - on road.

Al.

This is what I would have put - so it must be right :w00t:

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks