What Type of FG is this

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IETZR1S

I picked up this FG a couple weeks ago. I am not sure what it is or where to find a owners manuel. Can someone help me with what this is. I think it is a 2009/2010 EVO8. With the factory supplied gear and 7.5hp engine what kind of top speed can I expect? Who make performance gear sets and where can I purchase them from? Any weak links that need attention before punishment begins.

008.jpg

009.jpg

007.jpg

005-1.jpg

003.jpg

001.jpg

Looks to me like a pre 2007 FG Evo4. It's still a competitive car if it's set up correctly. The Samba pipe you have was one of the best pipes on the market at the time (especially for a race truck/semi) - still beats all the basher pipes hands down. The Magura 1 brakes are pretty much obsolete now but you may find that Hobbytek/RC Car - online in Germany still has spares or one of your older FG driving mates might have some kicking around in his tool box.
FG still do all the gears and such for these cars but wish bones, shock towers inc the carbon bridge and a lot of the alloy bits may be an issue as they've all been updated but again (new bits should still fit), hobbytek in Germany may well still have older stocks of parts.

Hope this help

p.s try hobbytek website for a parts list - maybe email them or FG direct too.

Looks to me like a pre 2007 FG Evo4. It's still a competitive car if it's set up correctly. The Samba pipe you have was one of the best pipes on the market at the time (especially for a race truck/semi) - still beats all the basher pipes hands down. The Magura 1 brakes are pretty much obsolete now but you may find that Hobbytek/RC Car - online in Germany still has spares or one of your older FG driving mates might have some kicking around in his tool box.
FG still do all the gears and such for these cars but wish bones, shock towers inc the carbon bridge and a lot of the alloy bits may be an issue as they've all been updated but again (new bits should still fit), hobbytek in Germany may well still have older stocks of parts.

Hope this help

p.s try hobbytek website for a parts list - maybe email them or FG direct too.

It took some time but I have this car running. I dropped in a OBR pro mod 28.5. I have set this car up for speed runs. I started off with a 53mph. Switch out the diff, lay shaft, pinion and spur for some black bone gear sets. I ran 75.0mph today then bumped it up to 82.0mph. This FG will be doing 100+mph shortly.

IMG-20121209-00497.gif

IMG-20121209-00499.gif

You don't need to use black bone or any other steel gear on a touring car, alloy pinion and plastic spur gears are far better plus there is more chance of you getting the top speed ratios you're after.

You don't need to use black bone or any other steel gear on a touring car, alloy pinion and plastic spur gears are far better plus there is more chance of you getting the top speed ratios you're after.

Thanks for the tips mike. Where can I purchase the crazy ratios I am looking for. Next gears I need are going to be a 30 & 32 tooth pinions and 34 and 32 spurs.

Try DDM in the US or hobbythek in Germany for FG spares.

Ordered from hobbythek in germany for the 1st time. All I can say is WOW!!!!. Ordered some bits on Sunday Night. They showed up today. 3 days. some of the fastest shipping around. I ordered 1 part from a local supplier and it has not shown up yet. I will be ordering all of my bits for the FG from hobbythek from now on. Thanks for sharing hobbythek with me.

Ordered from hobbythek in germany for the 1st time. All I can say is WOW!!!!. Ordered some bits on Sunday Night. They showed up today. 3 days. some of the fastest shipping around. I ordered 1 part from a local supplier and it has not shown up yet. I will be ordering all of my bits for the FG from hobbythek from now on. Thanks for sharing hobbythek with me.

Yeah, rc-car-online.de is one of my favorite sites. They are very helpful with parts and suggestions, great service. Wish they were local.

Ran the FG the other day. Was not my fastest but it was still fun. Here is some video from last weekend. Pulled the OBR Pro Mod 29.5. Will be making some changes. Looking to go faster.

80+MPH/130+KPM Speed Run

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pa9QUD0t6lo

83.4MPH/134KPH Speed Run

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYvyGLA621A

Still rockin' the truck body! LOL, I love it. Is it just engine mods you focus on for your speed, or have you been fiddling with gear ratios as well? I was wondering, because I don't think I've ever seen alternate gear ratios for things like the diff ring gear or the pinion that drives it, I've only seen spur and pinion ratios for the two outer gears.

Still rockin' the truck body! LOL, I love it. Is it just engine mods you focus on for your speed, or have you been fiddling with gear ratios as well? I was wondering, because I don't think I've ever seen alternate gear ratios for things like the diff ring gear or the pinion that drives it, I've only seen spur and pinion ratios for the two outer gears.

I have played with diff and lay shaft gears as well. I have a black bone 48 tooth diff diff gear and a black bone 18 tooth lay shaft gear. I like the 5T body on the FG. It stands out from all the others.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks