What we drive full size

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i drive an 05 chevy cobalt ss. im sure many of you have no clue what the car is, so ill fill you in.
29385920008_medium.jpg

29385920004_medium.jpg

it has a 2.0l dohc supercharged 4 cyl 5 speed manual. stock its rated at 205 crank HP, however mine is putting out around 260 wheel hp. im pushing around 17psi boost, car will run 13.5 at 108mph in the 1/4 mile. handles very well, ive done a bit of autocrossing with it, however was on my snow tires at the time lol. its not the fastest car, but it will keep those pesky mustangs and srt4's in the rearview, and i can pull off 45mpg on the freeway.

Nice work. :)

Putting that much power down through the front must get interesting.

here is/was my mag front cover car which i sold this year. 1956 oval beetle uk rhd car.. and yes i did use it every day inc. work and back.

ee8fd62b.jpg

and under the bonnet..

Deva20200620413.jpg

and now ive got this.. just a bit of difference. i only went for the tourer to carry my fg m/t and tool box. im a single bloke with a big car..523 but 2.5 6 pot petrol engine. my beetle had no heater at all as it was blocked now ive got heater,air con. and even climate aswell lol

bmw.jpg

and now ive got this.. just a bit of difference. i only went for the tourer to carry my fg m/t and tool box. im a single bloke with a big car..523 but 2.5 6 pot petrol engine. my beetle had no heater at all as it was blocked now ive got heater,air con. and even climate aswell lol

Thank god for modern cars hey Shag.
J,

Nice work. :) Putting that much power down through the front must get interesting.

actualy its not that bad. computer limits boost in 1st gear, it i feather the throttle it actualy will hook, 2nd gear is quite steep so it pulls the rpm way down on a 1-2 shift but that allows it to really use the power. i actualy am a little amazed with it myself, ive driven quite a few fwd cars with 250+ whp and none are very usable till you hit 3rd. i think gm actualy got something right for a change lol

don't pick on the SRT4s to much cause then i'll have to come get you with the SRT8. j/k lol

i don't go looking for em, they seem to find me and start screwing around. it kinda like hondas, they don't seem to leave me alone. as for an srt8, i wont even try.

I hear you the srt4 even try to test me. I don't bother. Only ran across one that was worth burning gas for. Stage 3 worked to the gills but I didn't have my jeep that day my girl had it and I was in my sis's truck. Here are two pics my brother took today with his phone.

Attachments

• mine4.jpg
    mine4.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 9
  • mine5.jpg
    mine5.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
srt8 cherokee, nice. i had the pleasure of working on one a few months back, and with that i got to roadtest it. very quick little truck, there is one at the local track that runs in the 11s.

here is/was my mag front cover car which i sold this year. 1956 oval beetle uk rhd car.. and yes i did use it every day inc. work and back.

ee8fd62b.jpg

and under the bonnet..

Deva20200620413.jpg

bmw.jpg

man the rocker cover on the bug is blardy awesome!!!

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks