What would be a good size for 1/5 track

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi guys, was just out touring around with my four wheeler checking for trees ready to become this winter's heat, and I got to turning around and around trying to imagine my upcoming track. Anybody ever do this themselves or know of an app or site that could give me ideas?
I came up with a plan and slowly did laps of my idea until the grass was packed enough to stand back and see it. According to the odometer of my four wheeler it's just over 250 meters to do one lap. While on the track it seems long, but at 250 meters it sounds tiny. I'm using less than a quarter of an old hay field that I've been bush hogging for years so it doesn't turn back to forest. I just don't want blow my engine on the straights or lose site of my car and miss the turns.

Not a problem! At what height do most people get dizzy climbing a tree? Lol
Would you rather be in the middle of a field with the sun in your eyes, or on the side of a 80 acres bush, with shade and the sun at your back...I know seems like a no brainer...but this year the mosquitos have been so thick they don't get turned away by insect repellent! Personally I can handle the buzzing, but my dad starts yelling and runs in the house as if his life's in danger.

Can't answer the height thing, I'm regularly 100+ feet in the air working on stuff for work. Just thinking it would be pretty cool if you were up off the ground so you could make a bigger track. The sun will always be an issue depending on the time of day, so make the stand mobile lol.

250 meters is a decent starting point. I would run it with your rig and try to see if its a decent size for what you want to run and then after work on removing the grass. the drivers stand should be around 8' off the ground but higher if you want a bigger track. ultimately you can build whatever and keeping adding or removing track until you have what you want. I do recommend making the lanes about 16-20 ft wide and keeping the most difficult turns or jumps closer to the drivers stand and keeping the farthest parts of the track the easiest because it gets hard to judge turns and jumps when you are really far from the rig.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks