What's Can the Problem be?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've had similar with King Motor engines previously.
I would buy a gasket set and a new ring for the piston, or even just buy the top end rebuild kit, last one I bought was £22. They come with head, piston, ring, wrist bearing, clips and gaskets.
Its about an hours job to swap it out.
A quick and dirty test I was told for compression was to drop a couple of drops of oil in the bore through the spark plug hole, refit spark plug and crank it. If compression increased massively then chances are the ring is worn.

Good luck, and let us know what your outcome is.

I've been running my Rovan Baja 5b for over a year with ZERO problems, then out of the blues, it just stopped starting. So, I did the prescribed checklist aimed at isolating t But first, the engine (a Rovan 36cc) began overheating and cutting out. But to the elimination list: Was there fuel? Yes. Is there spark? Yes. Is it the carburetor? To be sure, I bought a new one; also bought a new clutch. ... Played with factory needle settings ... Tightened the engine bolts...
With all of the above, it won't start. And so, I'm left wondering why? Admittedly I don't have a compression gauge, so I don't know if the engine is shot. Would definitely appreciate any clues as to why an engine that gave me months of rc pleasure just stopped working.
Ok, so theres some helpfull suggestions , and some are just way off . First we need more specific details prior to your engine "out of the blue" good running engine all of a sudden died ? How exacly was the engine running prior to it dying ? Was it an immediate stall ? Was it a slower progression of bad running ? Does the engine mechanically turn over smoothly? Sounds like your engine was very flooded but the fact even a new plug and drying out the engine of raw fuel still wont allow the engine to start. Btw a compression tester is a mandatory tool to quickly and accurately help with engine diagnostics. Every RC'er should own one.

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks