Whats it worth

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mirza

Reading the Rules!
Guys, whats a hormann ht2 tk09 competition worth- minus the t/x r/x and servos. Comes With a 26cc pro tuned motor plus a poop load off spares witch can nearly build a full car. This car has been raced in the nationals but he claims that it's not been abused (his words not mine!)
His asking for £650.00? What do you think, it's listing on eBay with a starting price off 600.00 but I'm sure this car has been put on eBay more then ones! I phoned and offered him £550.00 but he declined my offer.

Guys, whats a hormann ht2 tk09 competition worth- minus the t/x r/x and servos. Comes With a 26cc pro tuned motor plus a poop load off spares witch can nearly build a full car. This car has been raced in the nationals but he claims that it's not been abused (his words not mine!)
His asking for £650.00? What do you think, it's listing on eBay with a starting price off 600.00 but I'm sure this car has been put on eBay more then ones! I phoned and offered him £550.00 but he declined my offer.

It's worth £650 all day every day if it's reasonable, especially when you'll see other stuff like baja's going for more. post the ebay link and let's have a look.

yes ,i spoke to him the first time it was on, he wanted 700 for it, i paid more for mine but i got servos/pipe but mine was in incredable condition,no marks on any of the alloy,just a few scuffs on bottom of chassiss, that is well worth it,it has so much spares etc, i would have paid the 700 if i was really interested!
if it was better known in the bashing world it would have been snapped up, look at a baja/marder etc for around the same price,they cant compare,these outperform a basher in every way except breaking down!!!!
they are around 1500 new without a motor,electronics,radiogear, so if you have a tuned motor,top servos and radio gear, your talking £2500 - £3000

My only problem with this car is the year as it claims to be a tk yet doesn't have tk shocks and is riding on the wrong wheels, Tk's should have zero offset wheels.
The steering arms also look like older ht2 ones as well.

Last edited:
Whilst not wishing to get into a disagreement Mike that is the same pic as the one for the non team kit.
If you look at this pic from the team kit upgrades you can see that they are using a zero offset wheel.
http://www.pgracing.co.uk/images/ht208/bild_c.jpg
You can also see on this pic here the steering arms on the team kit which are completely different to the evo as the evo ones will not clear the zero offset wheels and you can clearly see in the pics on that ebay link that it is still on evo steering arms which don't need the curve.
http://www.pgracing.co.uk/images/ht208/new08kitssm.jpg
That car has definately got tk09 rear wishbones fitted though.
I am pretty well clued up on this as i have myself turned my evo into a tk at huge expense even though a lot of my parts were bought either used or reduced.
If you put offset wheels onto a tk then it is silly wide and i would imagine too wide for the regs.

Last edited:
The trouble is that it will be worth that to him and it is difficult to put a value on as they rarely come up for sale. These things are not like a marder or baja where you can buy them cheaply and spend money doing them up, the only real things you can do is motor, pipe and brakes as they are at a very high spec from the off and can be raced straight away, they are not cheap bashers, you can of course keep buying the team kit upgrade year after year but I don't think the newest ht3 is massively different performance wise from the first ht2 evo.
I was lucky and got mine for a fair price but have spent a fortune getting it up to tk08/9 spec which in hindsight I shouldn't have bothered doing as it was already a great high spec bit of kit even in its evo spec.

The trouble is that it will be worth that to him and it is difficult to put a value on as they rarely come up for sale. These things are not like a marder or baja where you can buy them cheaply and spend money doing them up, the only real things you can do is motor, pipe and brakes as they are at a very high spec from the off and can be raced straight away, they are not cheap bashers, you can of course keep buying the team kit upgrade year after year but I don't think the newest ht3 is massively different performance wise from the first ht2 evo.
I was lucky and got mine for a fair price but have spent a fortune getting it up to tk08/9 spec which in hindsight I shouldn't have bothered doing as it was already a great high spec bit of kit even in its evo spec.

i have tried the fg wheels to bash in on my hormann,it is ridiculously wide,plus throws all the suspension geometry out! ive also tried the fake fg wheels without the ring,bit wider then the hormann 0 offset wheels and seems to be able to get around high speed turns better,more stable, but obviouslt still to wide for regs!
ive found out that i have the tk08 rear/ tk09 front,the arms are longer/drive shafts etc then the ht2!
i paid around £800, but thought i got a deal as it was in absolute great condition, also got engine and servos.sometimes you see them (tk models) around 650,but thats usually when the seller is urgently needing the funds>

Whilst not wishing to get into a disagreement Mike that is the same pic as the one for the non team kit.
If you look at this pic from the team kit upgrades you can see that they are using a zero offset wheel.
http://www.pgracing.co.uk/images/ht208/bild_c.jpg
You can also see on this pic here the steering arms on the team kit which are completely different to the evo as the evo ones will not clear the zero offset wheels and you can clearly see in the pics on that ebay link that it is still on evo steering arms which don't need the curve.
http://www.pgracing.co.uk/images/ht208/new08kitssm.jpg
That car has definately got tk09 rear wishbones fitted though.
I am pretty well clued up on this as i have myself turned my evo into a tk at huge expense even though a lot of my parts were bought either used or reduced.
If you put offset wheels onto a tk then it is silly wide and i would imagine too wide for the regs.
looks like tk09 rear tk08 front,it is tk,the wrong wheels are on it, i can tell because i tred the same wheels when i first got mine! you can see the rodends because of the wrong offset wheeks,if it was a ht2,wouldnt see rodends

ive found out that i have the tk08 rear/ tk09 front,the arms are longer/drive shafts etc then the ht2!
i paid around £800, but thought i got a deal as it was in absolute great condition, also got engine and servos.sometimes you see them (tk models) around 650,but thats usually when the seller is urgently needing the funds>
Mine also has 09 front and 08 rear although the 08 rears are the same size as 09 but for some strange reason the 09 are weaker.
As well as the wishbones you need to change steering rods and arms, rear driveshafts and tie rods, i also changed diff housings, front and rear shock towers and bought tk shocks and a harm/mecatech brake set up etc etc, I only paid £450 for my ht2 in its evo spec which was rtr apart from rx and tx but the money i have spent on it since to get it up to tk spec has put me way above the £800 that yours cost you.
Like i said before if i had the time over again then i would just leave it as an evo and just stick better shocks on although i am actually perfectly happy with it in its current set up it just wasnt worth the money and i would not get much of it back in resale as people just don't want to part with the sort of money that these should sell for.

I brought this lol a right mix mash,rear lower arms were on upside down but on the whole sound with brand new Elcon shocks and loads of HT1 /2 spares.
In the end I broke it down and everything is now in my spares box.
I am surprised you didn't recognize the shell Jason animal47.

Last edited:
I did suspect that may have been the one you bought Ian, not by the shell as my memory is hopeless but more by the fact that so few come up for sale.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks