whats standard pinion set up on fg beetle?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dc2 man

Reading the Rules!
i was just wanting to check the standard pinion layout on the fg beetle.

would i be right in saying that what they come out the factory with is 16/48tooth on layshaft/diff (16/layshaft pinion and 48tooth diff gear)

would i also be right in saying that either a 13 or14 tooth clutch pinion gear matching either a/46 or /48tooth spur gear setup.

which do you lot think is the best set up for over all performance,i mean good low down acceleration and good top speed.?

any o pinions please? :lol:

are you serious?
i could not get the 14tooth pinion on my layshaft at all and the diff gear is 48tooth,ahh maybe this is a starting point in some of my cars running problems,maybe iv got the wrong pinion on that layshaft...

is there differnt size 14tooths?
reason i am asking is because when i tryed to fit the 14 on the layshaft it was too big,if you know what i mean the amount of teeth on a 14 tooth is less but if you look at it,the distance between the actual teeth is smaller,it would not match up and even fit in to the steel 48tooth diff.......mmmmm?

Uh oh. If you where running 16pinion, 48 spur, 16 spurshaft, 48 diff then I think you are running more of a speed set not a power set. I think?:badair:

Could of been you were having a problem with the grub marks on the shaft not allowing the gear to go on?

no you see it was the time i rebuilt the car after 6 months of sitting in the garage i decided to upgrade the whole car all the alloy etcetc it was that time i decided to put on all new gears/pinions,and new layshaft,so that 14tooth just would not take to the 48tooth diff gear, are you 100percent sure on the 14tooth on the layshaft?

yeah it was always a monster,some confusion hah?

honestly that 14tooth just was a complete mismatch for the 48diff..

what kinda machine have you right now,beetle isnt it too?
any pics of your machine any where in this fourm?

My FGST had a 14 tooth layshaft gear 6046. FGMT also have the 14 tooth layshaft gear 6046. When I replaced mine it took three weeks to get one shipped in from FG.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks