whats the best gearing setup?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

charlieboy

:helpsmilie:hi as title, what gearing do you think is best for off road use? i've been told 16 and 48 teeth on both pinion and diff gears, is this good or is there a better setup?

That's the gearing for the Monster models, if you have a Marder/buggy model I would try something like 18/46 for all round use.

nice one ducky may try that, i'm running a leopard :)

the original gearign on the FG Leopard is 18/46 on the primary and 16/48 on the secondary
that works great oro off road use, but you can try 20/44. that will increas the topspeed a bit but decrease the acceleration.

it all depends on the surface and where you run the car. if you drive the car in a asnd pit ore on the beach with lots of loose sand use 18/46 or maybe 16/48 on the primary side, use the sanme gearing if you drive the car on grass or if you do som hillclimb.

if you drive oin hard packed dirt surfaces you can drive 18/46 og 20/44.

the original gearign on the FG Leopard is 18/46 on the primary and 16/48 on the secondary
that works great oro off road use, but you can try 20/44. that will increas the topspeed a bit but decrease the acceleration.

it all depends on the surface and where you run the car. if you drive the car in a asnd pit ore on the beach with lots of loose sand use 18/46 or maybe 16/48 on the primary side, use the sanme gearing if you drive the car on grass or if you do som hillclimb.

if you drive oin hard packed dirt surfaces you can drive 18/46 og 20/44.

just drive on dirt and grass so will try the 18/46 set up i think once again guys cheers for all the :helpsmilie::)

take a look at this link
http://www.rc-car-online.de/fg_news_15_07.pdf

with this spurgear adapter you can changhe between 48,46 and 44 tooth spurgraers without changing the spurgear adapter
you will need 16,18 and 20 tooth pinion gears you van also use a 19 tooth
with the 46 tooth spurgear.

great bit of kit, may just invest in that matey cheers for that:helpsmilie:

great bit of kit, may just invest in that matey cheers for that:helpsmilie:

It´s great no doubt.
you get the possibility to alter the gear ration oin a simple way and it makes your drivetrain uch stronger.
with th original parts you hav both the spur grar and the sprugar hud made of plastic. the original plstic hub is noe secured to tha layshaft sat this alloy part is.

run and buy one as soon as possible.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks