Whats the best pipe for 5ive t

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would have to agree. It wakes the truck up and makes it much more enjoyable.

Thesea re Bja vids, but you can imagine the same results.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ya its a nice pipe,but if you ask me its way over priced,i modifiyed a tgn snailpipe for the losi and wow what a diffrence tons of lowend,more then any pipe i have used,went up one tooth on the pinion,and she screams now.

Yep, some people can afford the best material and workmanship, while others don;t have a problem with with the mild steel versions. Depending on what TGN pipe you are talking about, it may be the same stamping as the Flowsystem one.

Its the tgn race pipe,the one with the silencer on it,the big rap around side pipe,but for $300 i would rather have a vrc or a cpi,price is to much for me..

the Bartolone pipe is great. you can get it in raw black or chrome. good TQ and top end is sweet. Cost is 224 bucks. Down side is its loud. But I like it like that. Losi makes their own pipe now for the same price as a jet pro but its a copy of the Bartolone. The flow system is nice but to expensive and for 300 bucks you would think they could remove the flashing on the side of the pipe to make it look nicer. Also the CPI pipe is Quality as well.

the Bartolone pipe is great. you can get it in raw black or chrome. good TQ and top end is sweet. Cost is 224 bucks. Down side is its loud. But I like it like that. Losi makes their own pipe now for the same price as a jet pro but its a copy of the Bartolone. The flow system is nice but to expensive and for 300 bucks you would think they could remove the flashing on the side of the pipe to make it look nicer. Also the CPI pipe is Quality as well.
Ya but for the losi you really don't want a topend pipe because of the weight and four wheel drive,you need something with a little more lowend grunt,the video of the Bartolone pipe on a 5t a seen was pretty bad didnt have any lowend,would hardley climb a small hill the guy was trying to climb up,so after seening that i probally would stay away from that pipe.

Not saying bartalone is the best either. You will get a different answer from everybody it comes down to what motor setup you have and how you want it to run as you can tune the pipe with different lenghts, etc.

I have seen FlowSystem in Person and they are beautiful. I like the size of the expansion chamber and the sound is clean and not annoying. Yea the price is a little higher but you get what you pay for.

I can't really comment on the flow system pipe because I have never seen one run, only pics of them. But I have sheere pipes on my banshee and they are smooth with no flashing and they are considered by alot to be the best pipes out there. And a pair of racing pipes are 500 bucks. So 300 for a 12 inch pipe is crazy. I'm not knocking the quality of the flow system pipe it looks nice, and I'm not trying to pick a fight, just can't justify the price.

Apples to oranges, my ATV tires are about the same price as my baja tires.

The Bartalone movie that shows the truck not making it up the hill is a dis-service and should be removed from Youtube. The motor was bad and they shouldn't have taken movies that day. It is loud as hell, but seems to work very well.

The rear mount version is silenced. The cyclone is unsilenced but you could run a silencer on it. I have the rear mount jetpro, I like it. It is more of mid to top pipe, I'm running a OBR dm 29.5 so I get good torque down low as well. My pipe really comes on mid range and up top strong, it also helps a bit on the bottom end but it's definitely not like the Bart pipe down low.
You would get even more down low with a 30.5 or a reed case etc. I plan on getting either the losi or Bart pipe next, so both of my engines have pipes and are all ready to drop in.
There really is no all around best pipe just a best/better pipe for your application and needs/wants.

Last edited:
Well I've currently have the Losi pipe still in the wrapper but I may just go with the JetPro rear mounted one since it's silenced and I keep hearing good things about it. I also don't want my neighbors giving me the evil eye if the Losi pipe is going to be really really loud. I gather get the JetPro one is not as loud as the Losi Pipe and I have to admit, the look is really cool!! I know I can't be fast right now, I'm just a noob to this 5th scale stuff but I can at least look good being slow. LOL!!!

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks