Whats the best?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

voo2doo

In Memoriam
PLUS member
I heard loads of people banging on about what the best clones are.
I don't own a clone so I havnet got a clue which one to buy as I cant justify the price of a HPI baja. Jacko's looks great but I cant tell the difference.
Are
Rovan or king motor the good ones and what would you have to replace that breaks easily? Are the motors much cop? And why should you buy a HPI rather than a Clone?
Replies would be appreciated folks.
J.
:helpsmilie:

I'm with you Voo,,,,can't justify the price of HPI.
Clones are half the price.

Ok,,,,,I've had mine since Nov 08, and have not broken a damn thing,,and I drive mine farrrrrkin hard!!!

I'm only on my second top end in that time.

A few things you might like to change are,,carby,,throttle/brake linkage,,radio&servo's,,& the shock pistons, which the centres pop out of!

And maybe the wheels.

My neighbor has broken one of his rims already(only had his baja for 2 days and broke 1) and mine are all still original items,,,,,and mine has done more cartwheels than a teenage girl!

clones are ok there as good as any hpi ready to run
however the hpi ss has a big difference compared to ready to run hpi

i have a 2wd clone a 4wd based on the hpi 5b and a ss hpi for race..

the 2wd is ok replaced the normal things..diff housing, diff bearings, servo,s
clutch..

the 4wd is fantastic after 18 tanks its still going strong only replaced the clutch to a hpi clutch

the ss is getting all the turtle up grades for race set up...

and a must for all cars is the turtle racing pinion gear mount either tr race edition or the tr enclosed clutch set...

clones are good if ya get the right one....

ambro

i might get a baja clone next (but keep the FG)

i like the way they handle compared to the FG but just want something different every now and again.

from what ive seen from Rossco's machine I would probably go a Rovansport set up.

I vote for KM! I have a KM T1000 and have not had any problems with it yet, however, I would still plan on replacing, at least, the throttle/brake servo, steering servo, and radio! Also, I would make sure you get a Killer RC kill switch and maybe some Outerwear covers for the pull starter, air filter and shocks! The rest I would only replace if it breaks!

Richard

I vote for KM! I have a KM T1000 and have not had any problems with it yet, however, I would still plan on replacing, at least, the throttle/brake servo, steering servo, and radio! Also, I would make sure you get a Killer RC kill switch and maybe some Outerwear covers for the pull starter, air filter and shocks! The rest I would only replace if it breaks!

Richard
Cheers fellas.:)

Hey Rich,where did you get the T1000 from? The only place I can see it is on the Oversize site and I don't want to deal with them.
Cheers
J.

I heard loads of people banging on about what the best clones are.
I don't own a clone so I havnet got a clue which one to buy as I cant justify the price of a HPI baja. Jacko's looks great but I cant tell the difference.
Are
Rovan or king motor the good ones and what would you have to replace that breaks easily? Are the motors much cop? And why should you buy a HPI rather than a Clone?
Replies would be appreciated folks.
J.
:helpsmilie:
don,t think you can go far wrong with the kingmotor been looking at the 2.0 one myself loads of hop up alloy bits on it and a 2.4g tranny ,well worth £490.my sq has been ok but i should have strip,d it down strait out the box,and checked everything over. as for the motor my sq got a dyz 23cc runs and starts as good as any hpi baja , had a few drag racers with hyperpetes 26cc ss and there aint mutch in it ,

Wheres that from Sira?
J.

Yeah... that's an ebay listing for DanLC4's conversion kit...

I got my KM 2.0 from him a about a week ago... real good guy to do business with...

You can see his Ebay listings here: DanLC4 Ebay Store..

I have no affiliation with the guy... I just like to say the transaction went really smooth... really nice guy from what I could tell.

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks