Whats up with break in ?‍♂️

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DougStar

Well Known Member
PLUS member
Build Thread Contributor
As you all know I moved few months back?? I now needed some tool to help me round the place. Went down to the local mower place to see what was on offer?? couple models with lipo power mmmmm not my style?? landed up buying a weed wacker and a blower 20200311_113504.jpg
The brand if you don't know is stihl
Both machines are 27cc?? when I bought the guy said "if I buy stihl full synthetic 2stroke oil I'd have a 4year warranty"....4 YEARS ??? this and "run it at full revs 24/7" was the only things he said?‍♂️ no mention of a break in? . So the wacker has had 6 tanks through it at full taps no worries ? blower maybe 3 ???. Now here is the thing ......why are we doing a break in on our cars?‍♂️ surely they are made (zenoha) of the same tech as my little stills? Have we just done it coz we did it on nitro rigs? I had before this lot a 40cc wacker ran it 10 years no break in and one plug?? only ever changed the air filter once. .........what's up?‍♂️

I have been wondering the same thing.I worked for the parks department a few summers and they abused old equipmnt and they just kept chugging along.They needed a few extra pulls but they always started and worked fine other than maybe needing new plugs every year.I will say that you can't really tell the loss in horsepower on a weed wacker or at least I couldn't but I wasn't the original owner/operator of the equipment.

Why are we not offered a 4 warranty with our rc blocks??‍♂️?
That I would say is becuase we experiment with a bunch of different stuff, put different carbs on, ect ECT ECT to gain performance and such. We never leave em alone. And some dumbass could screw it up by installing something aftermarket. Now a blower, nobody is changing stuff out on there, there is no need to. It does one thing at one speed. There's too many variables on these motors id say

Last edited:
That I would say is becuase we experiment with a bunch of different stuff, put different carbs on, ect ECT ECT to gain performance and such. We never leave em alone. And down dumbass could screw it up by installing something aftermarket. Now a blower, nobody is changing stuff out on there, there is no need to. It does one thing at one speed. There's too many variables on these motors id say
good point ?
That I would say is becuase we experiment with a bunch of different stuff, put different carbs on, ect ECT ECT to gain performance and such. We never leave em alone. And down dumbass could screw it up by installing something aftermarket. Now a blower, nobody is changing stuff out on there, there is no need to. It does one thing at one speed. There's too many variables on these motors id say
good point ?

Fair enough ?? I bought a brand new zen G32RC came in the box?? no one said if you leave it stock we will give you a warranty of any sort?. Or alx or rcmax says nothing?‍♂️ use it and when it breaks buy a new one????

Fair enough ?? I bought a brand new zen G32RC came in the box?? no one said if you leave it stock we will give you a warranty of any sort?. Or alx or rcmax says nothing?‍♂️ use it and when it breaks buy a new one????
Doesn't say but they do give you support (rcmax). Been reading on fb , few guys had some issues with theirs, one guys even seized if I remember correctly and they sorted him right out ? Zenoah, idk.
I figured you needed a little love after all the verbal abuse Doug and Sean have been giving you
Yeah they are mean those guys ??

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks