Whats wrong with me

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

q-man

Whats wrong with me because almost every driving trip I make ends on breaking different part on my car. I never (or very rarely) hit something and trying to avoid rolling or bad jumping. I do use power and my usual driving place is harsh to car (motocross track) but still.... My onroader eats gears and tyres, My baja eats shocks,drivetrain and bodyshells. My carson attack eats drivetrain, tyres and steering servos. my duratrax dx450 eats oneway bearings, rear fender/driver and rear tyres. My cheapo bigbutcheapskyking helicopter eats mostly my nervous because under sized tail motor. And lastly my new 1/10 rustler for back yard gonna be eaten in on piece by 4000kv brushless and 3S. That combo feels just fun/insane and drivetrain isnt gonna last long.

Is it just me or are you all repairing and spending money to this hobby almost every time you drive with them:w00t:

It sounds like the moto x track is a car killer :rolleyes: Drive train, suspension, steering components etc are all signs of them having a hard time :D:D. I wouldnt worry so long as you are having fun breaking them :lol::lol:

A Baja eating Shocks....... theres a surprise. Never driven on a moto x track but don't know why they would be any harder than a large scale track, it's all down to how you drive I recon. I used to be hard on my Nitro's and with Large scale being so much heavier they take it out on the components especially suspension.

Ok I drive only my baja on motocross track. Attack (marder clone) doesn't feel comfortable there:rolleyes:. attack on flat grass (now engine out of comp, but they do wear) mx bike on grass, asphalt and mostly hard packed sand. Only baja does jumping. Bajas shock problems were related to plastic rodends and making steelwire limiters seemed to fix it. Well point is.... I have to upgrade every part before they hold....:mad: Today baja dogbone pin broken on landing.... without throttle

And again.... This time with new dogbones. Half tank later wheel center rounded and heated hub so I burned my fingers as well. They were maybe 5-10 liters old genuine hpi products and otherside seems pretty torn also. I am not so sure about hpi quality anymore. Suggestions about stronger wheels.

Sorry, I simply do not believe that the hex in a wheel could get rounded unless the wheelnut was not tightened properly.

Yeap 100% sure it was tight... tight as hell when opened it. And I believe if bolt is loose wheel will drop before rounding. Otherside looks worn too same. I looked rim last night and it looked pretty worn. I believe that great gripping hostiles aint very soft to drivetrain. There is always gotta be fuse on circuit:). HPI wheels were very soft plastic comparing to KM wheels. of course that usually is good thing but KM alu inner beadlocks didnt last long with so elastic rim and I believe any thin alu beadlock would last with these. You gotta remember that my stock KM rim centers look like new. Well i am pretty sure i am gonna break them too soon but I bet they gonna crack.

Last edited:
yeah id say its the mx track mate, i go to small bmx tracks and still manage to break stuff now again but no way every time!
Now with new wheels...... next driving session and basegasket leak. Actually that gasket which came with topend kit felt really crap when installing it. After taking of cylinder it looked like there was just "teflon" covering, just bits of actual gasket. Now gasket replaced with diy made from gasket paper and gasket silicon. Its made from regular gasket paper because didnt want to order just that, so if it leak I am not crying it here because its my own fault. All repairs I am trying to do best I can with proper tools and with time and usually with upgraded part. Thats why They usually break differently... This gotta end sometime.

if the dx450 is eating one ways, check the main gear. after one goes the plastic gear gets hairline cracks around the bearing. swapping to the metal main gear clears that up. I also put the modified rc lightened gyro in... just waiting for parts to arrive to fix mine. 25 foot high back flips at a bmx track tends to break things like frames and axles haha

if the dx450 is eating one ways, check the main gear. after one goes the plastic gear gets hairline cracks around the bearing. swapping to the metal main gear clears that up. I also put the modified rc lightened gyro in... just waiting for parts to arrive to fix mine. 25 foot high back flips at a bmx track tends to break things like frames and axles haha

Good to know. I believe mine eat oneways because worn axle. Even new bearing didnt grip old axle. Reassembled it with new axle and I hope tomorrow I get new reason to fix things... 6000kv ezrun combo + 3s to dx450. What I am gonna get.

I was 3 times on the beach with my new FG MT mate...2 steering servo gone, one th/brake and plastic spur gear. I wonder what will be netx????

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks