Whats your set-up Redcat owners?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

voo2doo

In Memoriam
PLUS member
what is the best set-up you have for..
General bashing...
Jumps...
Speed...
On road racing...
Off road racing...
This includes suspension set-ups,gear set-ups,tyres,motors,exhausts,carbs etc,etc.
I'm sure everyone will want to know what works for you as you will want to know what works for them. I think that this will be very interesting as to what members/guest use.
Plus,show us your modifications on what you have done to your vehicle to make it better/faster/stronger than the other guys.
MODS,I will paste this on most threads,if you think its spamming,remove it.
Cheers
J.

ESP 28.9cc race ported reversed clutch shoes w/8000 rpm spring. HPI Baja front VVC shock shafts and innerds. CPI big bore pipe modified by sprint77 @redcatrampageforum.com. HPI wheels and Hostile A/T's. 30/30/25/25 mcd gears. The next move I make will be a OBR 27.2 full mod and shock rezzies elcon or lauterbacher clutch.

I would love Fastlane to post MORE pics of his car. I've seen it in every rc thread from here to the end of the earth.

Best tip is to shoe goo the little aluminum motor spacers to the chassis. they are a pain to deal with when moving around the motor on top of them. Makes life much easier when you re and re an engine.

I run threshold rezzies and HPI baja wheels with Hostile mini MX on mine I have a Sprint 77 DOM on mine and a full stanless steel tube tower to tower brace and a 4130 Chromoly roll cage.

These spacers go under the motor to raise it up. the motor gets bolted to the chassis. It's a pain to slide these things in and get the bolts in (same setup for all the redcats). I just stuck the bolts through and laid it flat on the table so the bolts sat straight. Some shoe goo on the spacers and slid them over the bolts and stuck to the chassis... now they stay where they are supposed to be and motor removal is much easier.
DSCI0004-1.gif

Back