Wheel extenders

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marky

I have the dgi extenders too and found the same result as Customcvp. Incredibly stable. I think the wider the wheel track, the less steering you have but really wasn't too bad. I had about ten pounds of mud gathered everywhere so that was probably most of the difference :/ I was on my track that's designed for 1/8 so turns we're kinda slow and tight. The dbxl is pretty good at whipping the rear around so it went pretty well. First time on the track and I'm glad to say it flies flat through the air with the shock set up I have. I can't wait til things dry up a bit. I have an in car video but it won't upload. It's on YouTube tho. Search Losi DBXL at Mcgregorville. It's only a short vid and used only a portion of the track cuz I was just going after the one larger jump. Ran out of fuel at the end :( I can't figure out how to upload in high resolution. Looks great from the camera but look crappy when uploaded.

Last edited:
Just finally watched the video. The view through the cage is freaking nuts! really wish I had a track right about now lol...

I was thinking of the axle extenders as well but don't want to compromise steering. My steering will improve though now that I have a good Savox servo and a powerful lipo so I will see how that goes. If its greatly improved I might go for the extra width.

That is a great view on that video, would look sweet in dry conditions with other vehicles on the track!

The extra with helps handling but it does hurt as much as it helps
It causes front end parts to ware real bad it increases the load on steering nuckles and then to servo saver it great for a while then your steering gets sloppy and servo will get hotter trying to cope with extra tork it takes to turn the tires .
Try this measure slop in front end left to right free play then wright it down then put extenders on and run for a day or two then remeasure
As long as you keep fresh parts on it great if you want extra with get longer arms made and the ware factor goes back to normal

Last edited:
Fast lane machine has an aluminum extended arm kit. Comes with longer rods and extended cvd/dog bones. Seems expensive but if you add up all of the stock parts that are replaced, they'd be very close to the cost of the new kit. I didn't get it because if I ever need to replace anything, I'd have to get it thru one of the distributors. Nothing would be a local (for me) purchase. Plus I had just gotten the dgi extenders, which I could easily sell but I just didn't feel the real need for the kit. It's a sweet kit tho. Ddm stocks the kit.

I found the buggy to be pretty agile and responsive with the extenders on. My track is designed for 1/8 but the dbxl found its way around ok I guess. Would be better if there wasn't a layer of mud covering everything so I'm sure it'll get around much easier having driven the track more. The video was my first time really driving it on anything other than the street. Can't wait to get back out there. More vids to come.

I wouldn't put aluminum arms on this thing unless you are running strictly in the dunes. To much strain on everything else, stock arms are just fine and have just enough give/flex...

I love them and my steering is fine, but I'm running the DGI rods too. I still can believe the abuse this thing will take. I'm running lipo power and have a 236 waiting to go in but the stocker is doing just fine, as far as front end parts I run in so much crap I spend the time after and clean out the bearings, repacked them once so far, but it's dried up out there now so im just blowing off dust. Totally worth the effort to keep it on all 4, really fun truck. The Turtle system is still earning it's keep, now with all the dust coming up with the filter in front of the motor I take off the outerwear and the filter looks new, spotless. Love it, I think the RB clutch fan helps blow all the dust away from that area too,

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks